One of the gang now

CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
I took the exam today and made an 885. Quite happy to now add something else to my CCNA. Movin' on to something new now, probably CCVP. Thanks for all the assistance in here!
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• Irish ManIrish Man Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm preparing to write my exam soon also, whould you classify the exam as a tough one ?

Which study materials did you use ?

Congrats on your pass and nice score .
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, big congrats on the pass. Good luck on the CCVP path, (you might be a good candidate for Convergence+ too, if VoIP and converged networks interest you).

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :)
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    Irish Man wrote:
    I'm preparing to write my exam soon also, whould you classify the exam as a tough one ?

Which study materials did you use ?

Congrats on your pass and nice score .

I primarily used Sybex Security+. I also studied the notes for Security+ in this forum, and I hunted down every practice test I could find online, as well as studying other people's online cram sheets that they so thoughtfully posted for us test-takers. The Sybex book alone won't prepare you totally. I think the practice tests really fill in the gaps where the study materials leave off. I didn't think the test particularly hard, but it probably depends on if you study the right material.

Good luck on your effort.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass, my friend!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security