Options

What's the record for failing the 640-801?

mbeavenmbeaven Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
I think I have it beat. I went to the same testing center I had problems with last time (they let me retake it without charge) and they had numerous system problems when I got there, and the poor guy next to me had his test crash 3 times on the pc I was on last week. I'm going to take it once more at another testing center and if no luck I'm moving on to something else. icon_evil.gif Cisco is taunting me.

Comments

• Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    so did the PC crash this time as well?

Let not Cisco's CCNA taunt you in any way shape or form. In fact, that rule applies to every cert. If you can't make it on the first try, then you'll make it on the second. If not on the second, then on the third.

Just keep on trying. and Study HARD>

AND quit this stupid testing center.!!!! icon_lol.gif

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    I think Cisco IS taunting me icon_lol.gif I've never had a problem with a cert exam prior to this. It didn't crash for me this time but when I got there everything was down and they were on the phone with Prometric trying to get things going. I have given up on this particular exam center, after I took the exam today the lab monitor suggested I use braindumps!?!?

It's a 50 mile drive to the next closest one but I'll be taking off a day next week to do it, if my office will let me at this point.
  • Options
    No wonder they're crashing every second.

best luck this time.

2lbs.

p.s.. you're not forgetting your "copy run start" on your sims, are you?
  • Options
    I found a place that does Saturday's so I don't have to keep taking off work, and it'll hopefully have less technical problems.

Copy run start is something I probably do too frequently. I did have some pretty obscure OSPF questions. icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    bobobbobob Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mbeaven wrote:
    I found a place that does Saturday's so I don't have to keep taking off work, and it'll hopefully have less technical problems.

Copy run start is something I probably do too frequently. I did have some pretty obscure OSPF questions. icon_confused.gif

You only need to do it once - when you've finished making changes; anything else is a waste of time. I actually logged out of any routers I used "enable" on as well as doing copy run start. You wouldn't logon as admininstrator or root and then just walk away and leave it like that would you? Check things are working with ping or sh ip route too.

Another tip for the labs is to at least have a look at the configurations of all the routers with "show run". The misconfigurations of the odd ones out are often obvious when you look at the working configs.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips! Hopefully there won't be any questions related to backup designated routers in OSPF this time.
  • Options
    xeviousxevious Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm sure you'll do fine. So, I'll just say 'Good luck with the exam CENTER.' :D

-Xevious
  • Options
    Finally passed! The new testing center worked out pretty well, the simulations were a little slow had to wait a few seconds before I could see what I typed but it wasn't too bad. 909 out of 1000.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    Ah, Congratulations indeed. 909 is a great score.
  • Options
    Thanks! I didn't feel going through the exam that I did that well, but I'll take it. Actually I think failing it helped I was able to figure out what I was weak on and work on that, mainly OSPF and EIGRP.

I also wish I could have elbowed the guy next to me that kept humming and sighing. icon_twisted.gif Now back to the "easy" Microsoft stuff.