New to The Field

Lyric25Lyric25 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi I am new here and just getting started in the IT field. I will be taking my first exam soon the 70-270 and my mind is going crazy. I was just wondering if anyone had any pointers or something so I could have an idea of what it will be like.

I have been using the STS and doing ok with that but now that i'm so close to my test date i have been doing badly, did I mention I was nervous.

Comments

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Stop panicing!

Thats my first bit of advice, the more you panic the less you'll get done.

What material have you used to study? (Sorry what is STS?)
    Is it all theory based or have you got practical experience?

If you really dont feel ready just push the test date back an get stuck in studying and learning.

Got a couple of good books for the exam (or one REALLY good book) setup a home lab to study and practice what you read and test yourself when you feel ready on Practice Tests. (These will also give you an idea of who the real exam will be)

When you feel your ready go for it and just try not to panic im sure it will all go fine!!

Check out the 70-270 Forum where there are many posts that will help you more and answer some questions you have:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=13

PS: Welcome to Techexams.net :D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Transcender practice tests are a good example of what to expect on the test. They include a mix of multiple choice, drag-n-drop, and sim questions, just like the real test. You might want to pick one up to get an idea of what to expect (I use them for all my tests).
  • Lyric25Lyric25 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the advice, I am ready just really nervous, but it's going away thanks to your advice Sie and dynamik.

To answer your question Sie, STS is Self Test Software
    I'm in a tech school and should finish in the spring and hopefully be MCSE when I'm done. I really do not know anyone in the IT field so I came here for a second way of getting info and I'm glad I did.
    And thanks for the welcome :)
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Lyric25 wrote:
    Thank you for the advice, I am ready just really nervous, but it's going away thanks to your advice Sie and dynamik.

To answer your question Sie, STS is Self Test Software
    I'm in a tech school and should finish in the spring and hopefully be MCSE when I'm done. I really do not know anyone in the IT field so I came here for a second way of getting info and I'm glad I did.
    And thanks for the welcome :)

Transenders were def a great help for this exam, also read the tech notes on the site they helped me alot as well...tech school? you don't goto PTI do you?
  • Lyric25Lyric25 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No I go to ComputerTraining.com in King of Prussia Pa.