Advice please :)

Uchiha SasukeUchiha Sasuke Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi to all icon_wink.gif

I need advice, since I was decide to go on Linux path I'm in dilemma (when I was thinking to push career in Microsoft I was thinking that my next step will be A+) now it's different, what to do with these two A+ and Security + ?

What you think what is more valuable with Linux certification A+ or S+ ?

I wanna have one more Comptia certificate with Linux+, or do you suggest to go on A+ and S+ put L+ aside and go to LPI ?

Thank you :D

All the best icon_cool.gif
;)

Comments

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you don't know about hardware/networking then you need to take your A+ and net+ to get a solid understanding of the basics. But if you are already seasoned, then I would just do your Linux+ then work on the LPI certifications if you are going straight Linux.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should already have a good understanding of A+ and Net+ topics before moving into the Linux+. Server+ would also be useful. I don't remember the exam going deep into security topics, but it has been a few years and the exam may have been updated since then.

Now, if you have a couple of years of heavy linux experience, I would suggest skipping the Linux+ and going straight to the LPI.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Uchiha SasukeUchiha Sasuke Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your advice :)

I will probably get my CCNA icon_wink.gif

So I was thinking that this is more "good for eye" thing.

CCNA , Security+ Linux+, LPIC

instead of this :

CCNA , A+ , Linux+ , LPIC

And for that I was in dilemma.

Comptia is very expensive if you ask me , I know it's cert for life but no matter.

And A+ have two exams and with that kind of money I can finish S+ and L+ one exam each.

So I'll probably go for CCNA , Security+ , Linux+ , LPIC with your two comments I have finally made a decision about this, thank you once more :)

If someone have more suggestions feel free to write something icon_wink.gif
    ;)
  • Univ3rs@lUniv3rs@l Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your advice :)

I will probably get my CCNA icon_wink.gif

So I was thinking that this is more "good for eye" thing.

CCNA , Security+ Linux+, LPIC

instead of this :

CCNA , A+ , Linux+ , LPIC

And for that I was in dilemma.

Comptia is very expensive if you ask me , I know it's cert for life but no matter.

And A+ have two exams and with that kind of money I can finish S+ and L+ one exam each.

So I'll probably go for CCNA , Security+ , Linux+ , LPIC with your two comments I have finally made a decision about this, thank you once more :)

If someone have more suggestions feel free to write something icon_wink.gif

Well I believe the A+ test is now just one exam and I really think this should be your base then the CCNA, security+, Linux, LPIC . It may be alot money but if you don't understand all the basics then all the other certs will be much harder to grasp.

Also, how is your understanding of networks? If you have a low understanding of it, you may want to look into the network+ cert before taking your CCNA. I don't think I would of understood the CCNA material if I didn't get my network+ first. Of course, you could just refresh on a basic network book but if you overlooking the basics, why not get a cert for it ;)

Anyways, good luck :)
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    Univ3rs@l wrote:
    why not get a cert for it ;)
    because it costs $300.. CCNA covers most enough network+ type material to get by.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I'd say keep chugging away at your Cisco cert. Once you get that, if you have the time and desire...and someone else pays for your test, then go back for something 'lesser'.