Exam Dodgy Software

taichifitaichifi Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
About 5 of us took our exam today and all failed.. we all got 488-500. All of us thought that we passed but when the exam was finished we failed. We are MCSA and Qualified Technicians.

What way are the exams marked. This could not of been possible, all of us failing. icon_cry.gif
TAICHIFI

MCSA

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    It is odd for an MCSA to fail the A+ exam. There is no real public definition of the Comptia scoring method. Some questions have value, some don't. Some are worth a lot, some are worth a little. What did you use for study guides?
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • taichifitaichifi Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We studied the itcourseware Training Materials For IT Professionals and also we did a lot of hands on work. I really did alot of studying and training.

Puzzlied
    TAICHIFI

MCSA
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    how long did you spend on the study?
    A+ Moderator
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    yeah... how long did you spend studying. Becuase it doesn't mean you can just slam-dunk A+ becuase you have an MCSA. (Although A+ should be fairly easy for a person with an MCSA). And did you take the Core and OS in one sitting?

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    taichifi wrote:
    We studied the itcourseware Training Materials For IT Professionals and also we did a lot of hands on work. I really did alot of studying and training.

Puzzlied

I might be really out of the loop, but I've never even heard of itcourseware. I'd recommend buying Mike Meyer's most recent A+ guide from his passport series. It's a condensed version of his All-in-one book (I think it's about 400-500 pages), but an MCSA should be able to pass after studying that for a couple weeks.
  • taichifitaichifi Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well just because your an MCSA doesn't mean your going to pass the hardware side of the A+. The mcsa covered Windows 2000 and Advanced Server. You learn how to administrate a network. Mostly through files and folders. Before you say anything I know you need to Know about cables and NIC but the A+ covers everything from the Motherboard to the CMOS to the Bootup so they really are totally different exams.

I probably did not have enough study material. I have the michael meyers book now. So hopefully I pass next Wednesday.
    TAICHIFI

MCSA