70-291 studying timeframe question

raptur2000raptur2000 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Do you think that it would be possible to pass this test with 1 month study time and 2 years of working with server 2003?

Do you think it would be possible to pass with CBT Nuggets alone?

If not, what do you think would be adequate study time and materials?

Just askng bc I would like to try and tackle it within the 2nd chance offer period...

Comments

• blurpleblurple Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Everyone one is different so here is my best solution for you... Take a practice test and figure out where you are. take the test objectives find out where you need to study (since you already have a few years of experience under your belt.) my best recommendation would be to use testout test or trancenders. one month time studying could be done by me. however I use about three hours + studying for my mcse right now (during school)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    blurple wrote:
    one month time studying could be done by me. however I use about three hours + studying for my mcse right now (during school)

Same for me. You have to be willing to really buckle down and get to it though.

I don't think CBT Nuggets alone will be enough. From the exams I've taken, I'd say CBT Nuggets covers 60-80% of the exam. They provide a great overview with practical applications of the material, but they're just not as in-depth as a good book. I'd add the MS Press book for sure and Transcender if you can afford it.

As far as your 2 years of experience go, what kind of experience do you have? I've used it for years in a small business, but I haven't gotten much experience with what I need for 291 along the way. If you do a lot of DNS, DHCP, WSUS, and RRAS, great! If not, you're going to have to hit the books pretty hard.
  • raptur2000raptur2000 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    DHCP yes but havent had to really touch DNS, WSUS, RRAS not too much. The only WSUS that I have touched on is that of 70-290. I guess I will get to it starting tomorrow...What do you think about the Sybex book do you think I will be good with that and the CBT Nuggets?