Options

Listing Exam Scores on Resume

TechGeekProTechGeekPro Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been tossing around the idea of adding my exam scores to my resume. Of the exams I have taken (see my certifications on the left), most of them I passed with a fairly high score. I have no degree and only one year of experience at a local computer store so, the more positive things I can add to my resume, the better. I figure if I list my scores it would be like listing my GPA if I had a degree.

icon_confused.gif: What does everyone think about this idea? Does anyone else list their scores? If so, has it helped you land a job?

Any input would be appreciated.
Not only am I certified, I'm certifiable.

Comments

• Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    I wouldnt, considering some of them are just pass or fail. I would just list my certifications.
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    I agree..all it would say to an employer is "professional exam taker" !!
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • Options
    mynameisboringmynameisboring Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A teacher in college told me - It screams "I AM A STUDENT AND HAVE NO EXPERIENCE TO SHOW OFF" which is where you are. During the interview though, it might be something to talk about if they see it on there.

It can't be bad if you have no experience to offer.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    It can't be bad if you have no experience to offer.

I disagree. I really wouldn't put my exam scores on a resume. If you passed the exam, then you are obviously knowledgable about that topic, by the vendors standards anyway.
    I don't see the need to list the exam score when you've already told them you're certified.
    Thought the choice is ultimately up to you.
  • Options
    TechGeekProTechGeekPro Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ...some of them are just pass or fail.
    All of the ones I've taken had scores. I heard Microsoft started putting simply pass/fail on the exam sheet. Apparently they went back to printing the scores.
    ...all it would say to an employer is "professional exam taker" !!
    Actually... right now... that is what I am!!! At this point (before I at least obtain the MCSA) I figured it would'nt so bad to advertise that fact. It at least shows what I've been doing with my time.
    During the interview though, it might be something to talk about if they see it on there.
    Good point. I'll keep that in mind. That's probably the better time to mention any high scores anyway.

The other thing I was considering adding was the dates I passed the exams. I've passed 4 exams in the last 4 weeks. I figured that would make it look like I am a quick learner (which I am). Although, it could appear as though I attended a Boot Camp or using BrainDumps (neither of which is true). I definately decided to drop the idea once I get the MCSA.

:) I appreciate all the feedback!
    Not only am I certified, I'm certifiable.