Passed Essentials!!!

aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147
I've passed the 220-601 Essentials today with a score of 780. icon_lol.gif:D

I was surprised when I took the test that maybe 20% of what I seen was covered in the two books I read and the other 80% was covered from experience. I went and re memorized that IRQ,DMA, SCSI tables almost for nothing.. not a single question relating to those subjects. I suppose thats just the luck of the draw?

No matter the books I read helped a lot to get me in the correct mind frame to answer the questions properly as did the practice exams on this site.

Next is 602 IT Technician.. anyone know why the vouchers expire Dec 31st?

Comments

• 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    congrats.

I had a similar experience with not much of the material being covered in the "new" books.

That's probably a discount voucher. I think they sell them for less $$ because they are about to expire and they want to get rid of them or they lose it.
  • aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147
    Nope the price of the voucher is the same.. $167.00 from the CompTIA website. I was just thinking why they expire on 31st Dec? Are they (CompTIA) due to update the 2006 A+ for 2008 or something? Maybe I just missed vouchers that expire later than Dec 31st. :o
  • Chester DraytonChester Drayton Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    aidan80 wrote:
    I've passed the 220-601 Essentials today with a score of 780. icon_lol.gif:D

I was surprised when I took the test that maybe 20% of what I seen was covered in the two books I read and the other 80% was covered from experience. I went and re memorized that IRQ,DMA, SCSI tables almost for nothing.. not a single question relating to those subjects. I suppose thats just the luck of the draw?

No matter the books I read helped a lot to get me in the correct mind frame to answer the questions properly as did the practice exams on this site.

Next is 602 IT Technician.. anyone know why the vouchers expire Dec 31st?

Which books did you study?? icon_confused.gif:
    Seeking Certs