MCSA on Windows 2003

dangeo72dangeo72 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
I have passed 70-290, 70-291 and 70-270. I would like to go for the 4th exam towards getting my MCSA, however I have to choose between several elective exams. I need to choose the right exam that I will use to get MCSE 2003 as well.
Is anyone of you out there that took the same certification path as I did? If yes, what did you choose next?
Please advise and thanks!
D.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Here are the requirements for the MCSE, and the MCSA. You will notice that you have more elective options for the MCSE and some electives (such as the N+ and A+ combo) for the MCSA do not count towards the MCSE.

At the very least, pick something that's the on the MCSE list. If you must pick up your MCSA along the way, make sure it's on both lists. Pick something that interests you and that you think you'll be working with.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    def listen to what dynamik said because i made the mistake of taking the a+ and n+ which dont count towards my mcse. i popular one is one of the exchange exams.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    My personal choice??

70-270
    70-290
    70-291
    CompTIA Security+
    70-299

Obtains MCSA:Security

70-293
    70-294
    70-298

Obtains MCSE:Security
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    Sie wrote:
    My personal choice??

70-270
    70-290
    70-291
    CompTIA Security+
    70-299

Obtains MCSA:Security

same as my plan
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    What's your experience like? Looks like you have a good grasp on the Windows stuff, so you could take a break and bone up on the A+ and Net+...it's a lot of reading and memorizing stuff like how many pins on a RAM DIMM, IRQ's, cable lenths, cable types, etc. Get those under your belt for MCSA, and then go for Security+. YOu can use the Security+ as an elective for MCSE.

It all depends on what you want to learn. I wanted to go thorugh the basics first and I just like to LEARN. My goal is MCSE:S:M, but during that path, I wanted to learn as much as I can...before I had my MCSE, I had about three electives I could have used for it since I went off taking and studying for other exams that didn't necessarily apply to the MCSE requirements, but only electives.

If you want the shortest path to MCSE, then the recommendations above will suffice. Nothing worng with it at all.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)