Options

IRQ/IO/DMA necessary?

brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
I am going through one of the Sybex books right now for 70-290, and its got about 10 pages worth of the device manager with a lot of specific information on I/O, IRQ, DMA...is that something that we need to be able to regurgitate on the test?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't remember getting anything on it. On a practical note, I don't think I've actually had to work with any of that on an actual machine in the last decade or so.
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Know that you can find it in device manager. I haven't seen that info since I took A+.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    Vogon Poet wrote:
    Know that you can find it in device manager. I haven't seen that info since I took A+.

Ditto. Haven't seen that since A+ and do not recall getting questions about it on 70-290...maybe 70-270, but definitley not 70-290. Maybe the book is trying to fill in some gaps just in case or something icon_confused.gif .
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Options
    michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
    I saw the same thing, but I did see a few questions about duplicate IRQ's on a practice test. I don't think we need to know the IRQ's for each device but rather that they exist and can cause conflicts
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Ok Good!

I'm the same way...no need to know that if you're dealing with non-legacy stuff.