Options

Simulation questions

mclemore1mclemore1 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Can anyone give me some ideas as to what the simulations are like? Are they like adding users to groups OR creating users and groups OR setting up a backup job OR setting up trace & counter logs, OR system monitor?? Can you use short cut menus, can you hit enter on the keyboard and click OK or do the sims only allow certain things. Does the sim end early if you make a mistake? Can you redo the sim if you think you did it wrong? Also if you want to go back and change an answer and you pass several sims while going back do you have to do the sims over? Sorry for all the questions, I’m just trying to get ready. Are the Sims kind of like the ones that Learnkey uses?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    We're not allowed to go into the specifics of the sims.

They're just like a normal windows desktop. There might some minor functionality missing, such as not being able to open up explorer with [windows key]+E (even this may work; I'm not sure), but I've never felt restricted when doing any of them.

They do not end early if you make a mistake. You can also reset them to their original state and start over if you feel like you messed something up.

The sims are randomly mixed in with the other questions. At any point, you can go back to any question you want and redo it.

I'm not familiar with Learnkey. Transcender represents the sim experience well.

Do you have the MS Press book? They have exercises at the end of most sections. If you can do all the exercises in the book, you will be fine. All my sims have been fairly basic, but if you're not familiar with the required task, it's not likely that you'll be able to just fumble you way through it.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mclemore1 wrote:
    Are they like adding users to groups OR creating users and groups OR setting up a backup job OR setting up trace & counter logs, OR system monitor??

No one can answer these questions due to the NDA. Just be prepared for anything on the Skills Being Measured aka "objectives" list.
    mclemore1 wrote:
    Can you use short cut menus, can you hit enter on the keyboard and click OK or do the sims only allow certain things.

You can try a simulation demo here. Most sims give you all you need to perform an action, but if you tend to use non-standard ways of getting stuff done, make sure you know the common ways too.
    Does the sim end early if you make a mistake?
    No, it won't end until you click the "Finish" button.
    Can you redo the sim if you think you did it wrong?
    Yes.
    Also if you want to go back and change an answer and you pass several sims while going back do you have to do the sims over?
    No.

Good luck! :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    mclemore1mclemore1 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□