Suicide Mission (aka I hate Prometric)

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
I called Prometric last week because I was concerned that the test center I scheduled my 291 exam at was no longer appearing as a test center in Minnesota. He said it was a bug in the system, but had no idea why it happened or when it would be fixed. I asked if he was sure everything was ok because I didn't want to show up there and not be able to take that test. He said that I would have received an email if there was any sort of problem like that.

Anyway, I've been swamped and haven't been able to study. I'd really like to put more than 10 days into 291, so I called again today to reschedule. The lady I talked to said that the test center appeared on her screen and that she could push it back a couple of weeks for me. However, after she canceled it (I couldn't apply a voucher to a reschedule) and went to reschedule it, the test center no longer appeared for her. After waiting on hold for about 15 minutes, she said discovered that the test center hadn't been approved by Microsoft yet, and I had gotten in on some fluke. "So I wouldn't have been able to take the test?" To which she replied, "No." icon_evil.gif

Now the only test center that is less than a 2-hour drive in one direction only has Jan 29th and 30th available as well as a few dates in mid-February (the others were about the same anyway). I really don't want to just sit on 291 for another month, so I'm going to start 293 in the beginning of January and attempt a marathon session on January 29th which consists of 293 from 8:30-12:00 and 291 from 12:15-4:30. I'm still in extreme-study-mode from finals, so I'm going to keep that momentum going through January. I'll keep you guys posted. I need to run to Sams and get a few cases for Red Bull right now...

Comments

• famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    Good luck!! 10 days for 70-291 and going to college and working as well?!!

I'm sure you will do fine. YOu will be the first person I've heard of that doubled 70-291 and 70-293 on the same day!! I cheering for you :D !!
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Wow, doubling 291 and 293 on the same day?! Granted, some of the material is overlap, but that would be great if you could pull it off!

Like famosbrown said, I'm pulling for you! Good luck! icon_study.gif
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JdotQ wrote:
    Wow, doubling 291 and 293 on the same day?! Granted, some of the material is overlap, but that would be great if you could pull it off!

Like famosbrown said, I'm pulling for you! Good luck! icon_study.gif

ditto! Good luck man!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • MarphyreMarphyre Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just posted in another thread that I doubled up 293 and 294, but there's not a chance I would have doubled anything with the beast (291)! So far that's the only test I failed first time around...got it the second time (second chance wasn't going on at the time though :/ ).
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    What testing site does not show up? I took my 270 at Prometric in Edina an everything went smooth. I have taken my last 4 tests there and have been pleased with the service I got.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Dakota Technical College in Eagan. I took my 294 at the Edina location, and that is where these next two are scheduled. It is nice, but it's new. I don't know about the other locations. I'm not about to drive down to Rochester or Mankato.