Options

System Admin Job interview tomorrow !!!!

huddahudda Member Posts: 101
System Admin Job description said that
Know very well about

Windows
Vb script
Citrix
Vmware
intel goup

I appreciate your time, I need your advice.

Comments

• Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Please don't double post
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how did it go?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Goodluck and nail it!!!
  • Options
    Yesterday, the IT interviewer called me and he said, I showed your resume for my manager and discourse, he said that you did not have strong programming experience instead of that position I am going to interview you for IT Analyst position, will you be interested he said, once you are in later on you can apply for other positions, I think it is fair enough, now I do not have to write test, just meet him and discuss about IT Analyst role, if you have any advice still looking forward to hear from all of you……………

I got some relief myself because I have no idea about VB, Perl, ASP, .NET, or citric UNIX/AIX/HP-UX/Solaris client server based platforms and telephony environments. So the interview is going to be for Monday, we will see how will it go, thank you for asking.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you are taking this job because he said "once you are in later on you can apply for other positions" then I would NOT waste your time with the interview. If you can, find out what the IT analyst position is about before you waste your time or his. In-person interviewing to figure out what job responsibilities the position has is crazy. I would ask for a phone interview.

Lots of managers like to say what I quoted above. Because what they are saying is true. But it could take 1, 2, 15 years to get you into the original position you applied for. It is just a general statement to get you to want the IT analyst position because he likes you. But if you are only taking the position so you can be promoted then stay away. You should WANT the IT analyst position because it sounds interesting and plan on staying there for years if needed.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    I see your point Mishra, I will see how things will go, if i do not like it i will leave it as it is, but it seems good when he tlak to me on the phone, i will update you how it go.

thanks for your time.