Options

Question about A+

loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
Hey guys,

This is my first time posting here so I will try not make a blunder of it.

I just graduated with a Bachelors in a science degree but non related to IT. I decided not to persue and got a job as a IT helpdesk tech. I want to move more into the field of CCNA one day but I'm not sure of wether I should start out with my A+ cert or possibly the MCDST to put forth towards the MCSE cert.

Any information would be helpful thanks!

Comments

• Options
    iowatechiowatech Member Posts: 120
    Misread the question at first...

Edit:

Would be wise to start with the A+/N+ combo, that will give a good solid foundation to begin with. Then start working on the MCSE/MCSA whichever suits your career requirements or goals.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What kind of experience do you have?

The A+/N+ will give you a solid foundation if you're new to the field. If you have a handle on general networking concepts, you could probably go straight to the CCNA.

What kind of support are you offering now? Maybe you might want to start with something related to that in order to improve your immediate situation.

Welcome to the forums.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I'd suggest MCDST if you have to choose. CompTIA's tests are expensive, and the newer exams I found difficult given the "updated" study materials out there.

I've got the A+/N+ behind me, and even though its for life, it was more expensive than the ROI, IMHO. I think MCDST is more relevant to real world learning.