who is pursuing the CCIE in 2008?

damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
shall we have another round, guys? :P

Comments

• GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    dum dum dum....

haha I am not unfortunately. I still have a year or two before I think I will be ready. If I get through CCNP I may start studying for the CCIE written, but I am aiming for '09/'10 myself.

Good luck to those of you after it in 2008.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    GT-Rob wrote:
    I still have a year or two before I think I will be ready. If I get through CCNP I may start studying for the CCIE written, but I am aiming for '09/'10 myself.

Ditto. If I can get through CCNA and CCNP in '08, I will be happy.
  • thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
    i wanna try to get IE SP in 08'... try is the key word here
    Switches are bridges on steroids!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm done pursuing the CCIE..... I'm gonna catch me one in '08.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yep. Shouldn't be a problem so long as I keep putting the hours in.
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    GT-Rob wrote:
    I still have a year or two before I think I will be ready. If I get through CCNP I may start studying for the CCIE written, but I am aiming for '09/'10 myself.

Ditto. If I can get through CCNA and CCNP in '08, I will be happy.

This is my set goals for 2008 as well, it would rock!!!
  • tmlerdaltmlerdal Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    my best hope is to maybe be ready for an attempt at the written exam in '08. Guessing with work schedules and everything it will be more like '09 as well.
  • SepiraphSepiraph Member Posts: 179 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am aiming for 2009/20010, so maybe start preparing for the written CCIE in 08, assuming that I finish CCNP in 2008.
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Sepiraph wrote:
    I am aiming for 2009/20010, so maybe start preparing for the written CCIE in 08, assuming that I finish CCNP in 2008.

Where abouts in Toronto are you? I am in London and taking BSCI in Hamilton next month.
  • mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
    I will probably do the written in 08.

Don't know for sure if I will ever attempt the Lab.
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wil be attempting the lab again in January, my schedule is too unpredictable to commit to a date at the moment, I will most likely pick up a date within the week I will attempt the lab.

Hopefully the third time is the charm.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • mikeeomikeeo Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm shooting for CCIE Voice sometime in 2008.
  • remerolleremerolle Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck everyone.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Sepiraph wrote:

20010? I think that's about the same time I'll be ready to go for CCIE. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Slowhand wrote:
    20010?
    Some people understand that pursuit of the CCIE takes LONG TERM planning.

If you factor in current age and future advances in medicine, you can plan for a longer period of time Plus Cisco may have the Cisco Certified InterGalaticNetworking Expert Certification available by then icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    mikej412 wrote:
    Plus Cisco may have the Cisco Certified InterGalaticNetworking Expert Certification available by then icon_lol.gif

Oh please. Everyone knows that the CCIGNE was phased out after the cold war... :P
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • sleensleen Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am going for CCIE voice in 2008. Written atleast
  • CorySCoryS Member Posts: 208
    Wow.. you must have the patience of a machine to want to get your CCIE in voice ;) I envy you.
    MCSE tests left: 294, 297 |
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    March 7th is my 1st attempt. I'm, of course, being realistic, and planning on up to 3-4 attempts in 08'. :D:D

Merry Christmas everyone!
  • rajesh_naveen15rajesh_naveen15 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear All,

I have cleared My CCSP and working as a Network Security Engineer in a company Planned for CCIE Security i have searched enough but could not find CCIE Security Real forum where only ccie security guys can help me

Please do help me to get that or provide me any link for that

I would be really very happy
    Rajesh Agrawal
    CCSP, CCNA, MCSA
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Welcome to the forum rajesh_naveen15! This forum services the security IE as well. Not sure about a forum dedicated solely to security, though.
  • marlon23marlon23 Member Posts: 164 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello everybody,

Going on CCIE written at 21.1.2008, and then 1st lab attempt by the end of 2008 :)

Wish us all fresh brain, full rack, study time and understanding from gf/wife !
    LAB: 7609-S, 7606-S, 10008, 2x 7301, 7204, 7201 + bunch of ISRs & CAT switches
  • c0d3_w0lfc0d3_w0lf Member Posts: 117
    I've got my plate full for 2008, but you'll probably catch me hanging out in here in 2009! I'm going to start putting money away for my rack set up...I figure it's going to cost me like $5000 to put together a decent study set up. I hope to have the money for it by the time 2009 rolls around. I might make it a resolution to have my first attempt at the R&S sometime in late 2009, but that depends entirely on how much time I have to devote to studying for it. If my band gets signed, it might have to wait :D

But you've all got my support! Let's see some new CCIEs this year!
    There is nothing that cannot be acheived.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just put my first real foot forward and booked the written for March 3rd, I figure I could do it by the end of this month but taking some good advice from others here I'm not going to rush the written part just to get to the lab. Hope to sit the lab before the end of the year.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ahriakin wrote:
    Just put my first real foot forward and booked the written for March 3rd, I figure I could do it by the end of this month but taking some good advice from others here I'm not going to rush the written part just to get to the lab. Hope to sit the lab before the end of the year.

Have you started written prep yet? What resources will you be using I can recommend a few.
  • damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    marlon23 wrote:
    Hello everybody,

Going on CCIE written at 21.1.2008, and then 1st lab attempt by the end of 2008 :)

Wish us all fresh brain, full rack, study time and understanding from gf/wife !

good luck marlon!
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Turgon wrote:
    Ahriakin wrote:

Have you started written prep yet? What resources will you be using I can recommend a few.

Doh, sorry I didn't see this previously, only noticed it now as the thread was updated, wasn't being deliberately ignorant icon_confused.gif . I have my written tomorrow morning. I'm not sure if I'm ready but then I have to take a jump sometime. I've been following the recommended reading list as closely as time allowed (I've been through about half) adding the rest of the CCSP books and CBTNuggets. My weakest areas will be R&S and CSA/MARS so we'll see....At worst it'll be reconnaissance. If I pass then I'll be finishing/revising that reading list and starting on the IPExpert Security kit (I picked up their Workbook/Proctor Guide, DVDs and Audio on special) and working every scenario from every book I have from the CCNA up. Getting ahead of myself I guess, will have to see how tomorrow goes, I'll do a full study list and probably make some requests for further advice on materials if I pass.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Best of luck Ahriakin, let us know how you do!
  • ardenarden Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've got my lab booked for the 5th of May. Busy working through the internetwork expert lab books. I've been studying for the past year, and man I don't know about you but I can't even remember the last time i read a non-cisco book! It really starts to get to you after a while, but i know in the end it will be worth it. I couldn't quit now if I wanted to!

When I pass though....its going to be a one hell of a weekend! :D
    Arden Packeer
    Cisco Systems Instructor (CCSI #31090)

http://ardenpackeer.com
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    I'm back for another round...

Peter
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog