Options

Is there a deadline?

w^rl0rdw^rl0rd Member Posts: 329
If I understand correctly, the exam objectives will be updated sometime in the third quarter of the year. My question is: When I pass the Core exam prior to this, do I have to pass the OS before the change as well?

According to CompTIA:

Mix and Match
Candidates who have already passed the existing A+ Core Hardware or A+ Operating System Technologies exam (testing against the 2001 objectives) may take the second exam either before or after the 2003 Upgrade goes into effect.

So, I can take my time preparing for the OS and not worry about a deadline. Right?

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As it says, you may take the other half either before or after - however there will be different objectives to work towards.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Thanks RussS, it just sounds too convenient that's all.
  • Options
    Ahhh they are the masters of the esoteric, but in many ways they are quite fair and reasonable icon_smile.gif
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    yes, it does seem odd. i don't recall the mix n' match being the case at the last objective change, though the changes coming in do not seem to be as serious as the previous ones though.

best of luck.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    One more question, do I have to take the OS within 90 days after passing the Core?
  • Options
    Nopers - I am not sure of the time, but it is fairly long. However the longer you leave it then you will run into newer objectives.
    www.supercross.com