do you need to know mac, novel, and unix for the exam

ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
do you need to know mac, novel, and unix for the exam
because i do not have access or never used any
any good hints
thank you

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Yes, you need to know some about it, can't tell you what of course, I'm not looking forward to writing the TechNote about it though... ;)
    I think every good Network+ study guide (text book) should cover at least the very basics of UNIX/Linux, Netware, Macintosh...

Here are the related exam objectives:

for DOMAIN 2.0: Protocols and Standards
    2.3 Differentiate between the following network protocols in terms of routing, addressing schemes, interoperability and naming conventions:
    - TCP/IP
    - IPX/SPX
    - NetBEUI
    - AppleTalk

and for DOMAIN 3.0: Network Implementation

3.1 Identify the basic capabilities (i.e. client support, interoperability, authentication, file and print services, application support, and security) of the following server operating systems:
    - UNIX/Linux
    - Netware
    - Windows
    - Macintosh

Here's a complete list of the exam objectives: www.comptia.com/certification/Network/objectives.asp
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Use Webmasters suggestions as the basis for your studies. The objectives are what everything is built around.
    Most of the questions revolve around protocols, how to connect to a machine with a non MS operating system and basic stuff like that.
    What are you using for your study material?
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    it looks to me that you just need to know which versions of novell use tcp/ip and ipx/spx and the various protocols that involve sharing data and printing to each other.

one thing i couldn't remember for ages was that nt/2k/xp use ipconfig and unix/linux use ifconfig.
    A+ Moderator