cbtnuggets for ICND1 Q?

TMM3TMM3 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have heard good things about the CBT Nuggets video and so I went to their site to check out the pricing on it.
The price of the ICND1 CBT Nuggets training video is at $299.00 vs trainsignal video for CCNA comming in at $199.00. Does this seem a little on the high side or is it worth it for any of those who have purchased it?

I appreciate any feedback on either the cbtnuggest and/or trainsignal. What I am concerned with on the trainsignal video is that it states that it is for the CCNA and might not concentrate stricktly on the ICND1 and then have another section concentrating on the ICND2.

Thanks
-Tom

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Try to get your employer to pay for them (that is if you have one). If you can't then you will have to shell out the bucks. They are good material in my opinion, but I think they would be over kill for the ICND1 though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am a huge fan of CBT Nuggets. It's nice to see someone explain the tasks as they perform them. Another perspective is always nice, and they usually throw in some 'real world' stuff that's above and beyond what you need for the test. I haven't seen this one yet, but I'll definitely be picking it up before I go for my CCNA in a few months. $299 is a bit on the high side, but it's probably more technical and/or in less demand than some of their cheaper videos.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Well I haven't seen the CBT Nuggets videos for the CCNA, but I did watch a few at work from train signal for the 801 exam. If Chris Bryant has made an updated version of train signal that has my vote right away for someone...he explained things very well for someone who is just learning topics. I'll see how he does for the BSCI once i buy his video set for that exam.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    shednik wrote:
    Well I haven't seen the CBT Nuggets videos for the CCNA, but I did watch a few at work from train signal for the 801 exam. If Chris Bryant has made an updated version of train signal that has my vote right away for someone...he explained things very well for someone who is just learning topics. I'll see how he does for the BSCI once i buy his video set for that exam.

Thanks for the reminder. I haven't seen any Train Signal videos, but I'm liking the Bryant guide. I might have to go with Train Signal for this

It looks like you get the updated videos for free as they release if you order before the end of the year: http://www.trainsignal.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=35
  • janez_drkjanez_drk Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have just finished with CBTNuggets CCENT videos and I have to say that Jeremy is really good instructor and his lessons are interesting. Now I'm watching a TrainSignal CCENT with Chris B. CBTNuggets are better for me. They go from the basics and are more easier to follow if you are a newcamer...and I like Jeremy as a teacher becouse he has more jokes :D:D so it's interesting to listen...
  • TMM3TMM3 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the input guys/gals.

I think that I will go over everything without the video on this particular exam (CCENT) and see how I make out when I take the exam. If I fail the exam and feel that I will benefit from the video then I will surely purchase it.

Thanks again and good luck to all of you with your exams.
    -Tom
  • SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey all,

I have the train signal CCENT DVD and I can tell you that it is a great resource, especially iif you are a visual learner. Essentially, it's his CCENT pdf, put in visual form with him showing the examples on rl routers and switches. So if you're a visual learner, I highly recommend it. But if you're a bookworm, you could get the same exact information by purchasing his $70 pdf. Or if you're like me and have confidence issues, buy 'em both! Along with the sybex book and the cisco press... I'm really scared of this darn thing so I'm not taking any chances! icon_lol.gif
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch
  • freetechfreetech Member Posts: 154
    I used the Chris Bryant materials for my CCNA and highly recommend them.
    I used the CBT Nuggets for the 640-801 and didn't get into them so much, but they are well laid out by topics and were some help on selected topics.
    My last point is that I recommend using several different sources for your studies, especially on topics that are hard for you.
    Good luck!!
    Experience is a harsh teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.