CompTIA A+
CompTIA Network+
CompTIA Security+
70-270
70-290
70-291
70-293
70-294

So Correct me if I am wrong...but if I pass tomarrow I will be an MCSE?
I think that is right but after a year and a half I am in disbelief!!!

- wish me luck -

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You will not be an MCSE. You still need to do 1 elective.
    http://www.microsoft.com/Learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/default.mspx
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe you will be an MCSE. The Security+ will count as your elective.

Good Luck on the test
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I believe Silver Bullet is correct. The Security+ can actually be used as an elective.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    looks like youre good to go if you pass tomorrow, good luck!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    motherwolfmotherwolf Member Posts: 117
    Do you have to take the design exams (ie 298 or 297 or whichever one) in order to achieve MCSE? Could you take 299 and Security+ and be considered MCSE? Just curious because I really hate the testlet format. It's like reading a page of riddles. Anyone ever read Finnegan's Wake? Me either because it makes no sense whatsoever. I think someone at Microsoft may have. Thanks for any replies.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    motherwolf wrote:
    Do you have to take the design exams (ie 298 or 297 or whichever one) in order to achieve MCSE? Could you take 299 and Security+ and be considered MCSE? Just curious because I really hate the testlet format. It's like reading a page of riddles. Anyone ever read Finnegan's Wake? Me either because it makes no sense whatsoever. I think someone at Microsoft may have. Thanks for any replies.

You must take a design exam. This is the capstone for the engineering portion of the credential. In bcairns' case the 299, Sec+ (which he already has) and the 298 would earn him the secuity specialization for the MCSE. But just taking the 299 would only get him the MCSA Security credential, not the MCSE. Make sense?

bcairns, please excuse my use of the masculine pronoun "he" if you happen to be a woman. icon_wink.gif