Passed A+ OS Exam Today

vwtechvwtech Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
I got an 688 out of 600, very happy icon_lol.gif because I was worried.
This site is helpful, The Transcender program give me the confidence that I needed along with two other study programs and my text.

I studied-ISBN 0-619-12003-7 the text also includes Windows XP icon_eek.gif it's easy to read.
I liked it better than M. Meyers Third Edition (I just don't like his writing style or presentation)icon_mad.gif .
Don't tell co-workers your going for a Cert that they don't have. They may think your trying to take their job.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats on your pass!

Any plans for further certification?
  • vwtechvwtech Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was looking at the Microsoft site and researching what it takes to be an MCP icon_eek.gif. Even if I dont go that far with A+ & Net+ I believe that I'll be more marketable in the IT field. icon_lol.gif

So, I will be looking into study materials- you got any books in mine concerning Net+ Certification? Hopefully I can get a book for under $100.
    Don't tell co-workers your going for a Cert that they don't have. They may think your trying to take their job.
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    it is not really necessary to take network+ before starting microsoft exams, provided you have a good knowledge of windows 2000 and work with it everyday, though network+ and a+ work together as an elective towards mcsa, which will be another three exams.

and it only takes one exam to become an mcp ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • CrossCross Member Posts: 234
    Bellboy is right, it is not necessary to complete Net+. It is good for your usage. Also if you are in the computer industry. Ask what new projects are being worked on, and from there you can figure out which exam will best benefit you in the future.
    I'll change highways at the crossroads, I'm going only where I desire.

http://www.darkroads.com