Options

MCSA

gshankar_09gshankar_09 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
Kindly somebody suggest me to prepare MCSA Exams.

What are the following thing require to clear exams.

Books

Question

& most important,how to prepare(Procidure)

Kindly help me.

Thanks & Regards...G.Shankar

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I typically use the MS Press books, CBT Nuggets, a VMWare workstation virtual lab, and Transcender practice exams.

I watch the CBT Nugget(s) before I read the section in the book. The videos are great, but the books are a little more in-depth. The videos give a good overview of the material, and then you can really dive in with the book. Most chapters have exercises at the end that reinforce the material, and I do those in my virtual lab. After I feel like I have a good handle on everything, I run through the Transcender tests a couple of times.

Good luck with your studies!
  • Options
    maxhavocmaxhavoc Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If your main emphasis is on passing the exams as quickly as possible and you don't really care about learning the material per se then just go through a book from Sybex or MS Press or Syngress for a week before your exam, cram basically. That's what I did and it got me my MCSE from start to finish in less than two months. I don't really recommend doing it that way if you actually want to learn from your MCSE experience, but I already knew most of the stuff and I just wanted the credential.

If you really want to learn then you need a lab with at least three computers (or virtual machines though they might cause issues). I recommend three physical machines that you can reformat at whim because you're going to need combinations of servers and clients to test various things and do the various exercises.

Good luck!
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    maxhavoc wrote:
    If your main emphasis is on passing the exams as quickly as possible and you don't really care about learning the material per se then just go through a book from Sybex or MS Press or Syngress for a week before your exam, cram basically. That's what I did and it got me my MCSE from start to finish in less than two months. I don't really recommend doing it that way if you actually want to learn from your MCSE experience, but I already knew most of the stuff and I just wanted the credential.

If you really want to learn then you need a lab with at least three computers (or virtual machines though they might cause issues). I recommend three physical machines that you can reformat at whim because you're going to need combinations of servers and clients to test various things and do the various exercises.

Good luck!

MCSE in two months??!! :o

I'm jealous icon_redface.gif

For the OP, I would get your hands on some CBT nuggets, MS Press Books, and Virtual Machine Software for a lab. It took me about two years to get through it but it was due to work and other obligations. I spent about a month on average per exam...a little more on the exams that I failed. If you are brand new to the I.T. world, I suggest starting with A+ and Network+ to get your feet and basic concepts wet.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)