Beginner choices

edelossantosedelossantos Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone here knows what should be the part of MCSE/MCSA exam the beginner should take?

Comments

• bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hi there. Well, you've got Security+ which can be used for both MCSA and MCSE so thats a great start. I'd personally do one of the client exams 70-270 (XP) or 70-620 (Vista), or the 'general' 70-290 (2003 Server environment) first. The XP client and 70-290 have some overlap in them so they are usually considered a good combination to do early on. Leave the 70-291 networking exam for a bit as thats supposed to be one of the hardest exams on the MCSA/MCSE tracks.

Good luck.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • edelossantosedelossantos Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bertieb, thanks for that but its my first time to take microsoft certifications, what i reviewing for now is the 70-291 which I can relates.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Many regard 291 as the most difficult exam. It's certainly possible to start with it, but I've never seen anyone recommend that. You're likely going to have to do a little extra study outside of the 291 material to fill in some gaps, but it'll be a great feeling to get that one out of the way right from the start. If you feel like you're really struggling with the material, you should consider dropping down to 290. Good luck!
  • maxhavocmaxhavoc Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree with bertieb, starting with the client exam or 70-290 is a good idea because you start off easy and that helps you get motivated to keep studying and plugging away. My first two exams were 270 and 290. If you plan to upgrade to 2008 at all then I would recommend taking the Vista exam over the XP exam since Vista is needed for the MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008 certification.
  • newbiextnewbiext Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    maxhavoc wrote:
    I agree with bertieb, starting with the client exam or 70-290 is a good idea because you start off easy and that helps you get motivated to keep studying and plugging away. My first two exams were 270 and 290. If you plan to upgrade to 2008 at all then I would recommend taking the Vista exam over the XP exam since Vista is needed for the MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008 certification.

Plus you get an addition cert (MCTS) at no extra cost.