Going for 220-601 Certification (Need Help)

Rancid-Milk-ManRancid-Milk-Man Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm in school right now studying for my A+ Network+ and MCSE certifications. I've been studying for a few months now for the A+ Certification and I don't feel confident enough to take the test. I have a lot of course material to study from yet I'm not sure of myself. I know it's 100 questions with a 900 score. Can someone tell me what I should study for? What will be on the actual test? Not specific questions of course but what material I need to study for. Alot of the things to do with computers come naturally to me because I've been around them my whole life, however do I need to know IRQs and terminology like "thrashing"? Is it necessary?

I would appeciate any help that anyone has to offer.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just fill in this form and select the exams you're interested in, and you will be allowed to access the exam objectives for those exams.

http://certification.comptia.org/resources/objectives.aspx
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here is a link to some more info about A+ like passing score, number of questions, etc...

http://certification.comptia.org/a/glancebox.aspx
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Rancid-Milk-ManRancid-Milk-Man Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the speedy response!

I was told that these are all multipule choice questions. Is that true? Also will alot of the questions on the CompTIA A+ exam try and trick you? I heard from my instructor that on the MCSE test they try and do that.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□

I was told that these are all multipule choice questions. Is that true? Also will alot of the questions on the CompTIA A+ exam try and trick you? I heard from my instructor that on the MCSE test they try and do that.

The CompTIA exams are definitely not as involved as the MS exams, but you do need to read the questions carefully. There were questions on the Security+ that clearly had more than one correct answer, but I had to pick the one that was most appropriate given the circumstances. It's not like you're going to have a correct and three others that are clearly wrong.

I believe it's all multiple choice, but there may be some drag-n-drops. I really can't remember. Either way, you're selecting from a pool of available answers.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod

You will find the answers to your questions on the CompTIA website. You will also find a place where you can download the objectives which cover the topics you should KNOW before you take your exam.

As far as specifics, we are bound by the NDA we signed to not disclose specifics. There are no 'tricks' on any of the vendor exams. Read the questions and know your material.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Rancid-Milk-ManRancid-Milk-Man Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know the material it's just I'm unsure and new things are popping up on the practice exams I'm not sure will be on the test but I'm reading the objectives and taking notes as to what I need to know.

Thank you for your help and in a few weeks I'll post my test results.
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't sweat it man. I think a lot of people are worried because of the cost of CompTIAs exams. I myself was, but after taking 3 of them, I'm not so worried anymore. I'm taking Server+ here Wednesday without much studying because I feel very confident I know the exam objectives pretty good. You say you feel like you understand and know the material so, sign up for the exam! The cool thing is that they throw in some questions that don't even count towards your score.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA