testout, cbtnuggets, syngress, sybex

i had questions on ipsec, clustering, certificates, gpo editing, gpo linking

next up gonna try 70-294

btw is alpinehouse taking over contoso?! icon_eek.gif

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Soulreaver wrote:
    btw is alpinehouse taking over contoso?! icon_eek.gif

I don't know. I've seen a few other companies weaseling their way into the MS material as of late. It's anarchy.

Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • DMinDMin Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Grats! I hope to be there in the near future.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    w007!

What was your experience prior to the test?
    -Daniel
  • TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    Congrats on the PASS. I am studying as we speak for the 293. How much does it resemble the beast?
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again
  • SoulreaverSoulreaver Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Daniel333 wrote:
    w007!

What was your experience prior to the test?

as far as hands on experience, ive taken 2 different classes in windows 2003 server at school (part of my bachelors degree in IT)

my old pc has windows 2003 server installed, as well as vmware i try to do as many of the labs i can from syngress, sybex unfortunately im still in school and havent had much experience in a production environment

Congrats on the PASS. I am studying as we speak for the 293. How much does it resemble the beast?

there is quite a bit of overlap vs 291, the main differences that stand out are clustering, certificates, load balancing things of that nature
  • ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    Congrats. :)

Don't take 294 too lightly but it is a MUCH nicer exam to study for.
    ~Thiassi
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Congrats - how do you think the TestOut material was? I was considering using it to study, but have not seen any reviews of it for 293.
    JdotQ wrote:
    Congrats - how do you think the TestOut material was? I was considering using it to study, but have not seen any reviews of it for 293.

The 293 is pretty good but the Testout 294 is poor according to most ppl here.
    ~Thiassi
  • newbiextnewbiext Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Prefer 70-294 to 293 any day.
  • SoulreaverSoulreaver Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thiassi wrote:
    JdotQ wrote:

The 293 is pretty good but the Testout 294 is poor according to most ppl here.

i agree , ive been a big fan of Testout, but the 294 package is lacking
  • arnermarnerm Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on your pass I just passed today with 865. Class at local training center, MS-Press book, readiness review and selftest software was all I used but I am a systems admin and did just pass 291 3 weeks ago and 350 ISA 2004. not as bad as the beast, not a cakewalk either. 2 more for the E good luck all.
    arnerm wrote:
    congrats on your pass I just passed today with 865. Class at local training center, MS-Press book, readiness review and selftest software was all I used but I am a systems admin and did just pass 291 3 weeks ago and 350 ISA 2004. not as bad as the beast, not a cakewalk either. 2 more for the E good luck all.

Congrats. :)
    ~Thiassi
  • GarfieldGarfield Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am writing 70 -293 on the 1st of February, could any body tell me which simulations to expect in the exam