Default Protocols Installed In Windows?

Varez ITVarez IT Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
What are the default protocols installed in the various versions on Windows (95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT, 2000, and XP). My study guide seems to contradict itself on this issue.

Thank you in advance for all your help!!!

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Have you taken a look at this in your lab?

Best way to learn is hands on. Install the OS and take a peek ;)

No copies? You should try to obtain some legal copies as you'll need them for other aspects of the software and it's just good practice.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    TCP/IP
    NetBIOS
    ARP

Why do you need this information?

Each OS differs...I would worry about newer OSes...XP and 2000 and Vista.
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Download VMWare

install operating systems. ie 98, ME, XP, 2k, linux, solaris, etc... more powerful your puter, the better experience you'll get. you will need operating system CDs, or images. i dont use 2000 much now, but i remember when it was tricky remembering which used winipconfig, or ipconfig, or... you know what i mean. run VMWare, load up the virtual OS, wala. see for yourself in minutes, not hours (after you have the OS loaded. VMWare is now free to download as M$ decided to release their own version free.
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003