ONT vs. Qos

So what's the difference between a class titled "ONT" and one labled "Deploying QoS"? Are they one and the same? Will the ONT class prepare one for a CCVP certification, because it's what I signed up for?
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The ONT course is part of the CCNP, not the CCVP but is a good introduction to QoS. The course associated with the CCVP would be called "QoS" (the current version is 2.2) through the official courseware. I'm not sure what a "Deploying QoS" woulf cover, sounds like a home grown class that may or ay not follow the course outlines from Cisco.

http://tools.cisco.com/E-Learning-IT/LPCM/LpcmLLController?action=CourseDesc&COURSE_ID=4916
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • tmlerdaltmlerdal Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    While I haven't taken the official ONT course, I have taken both exams. There is a lot of overlap between the two. ONT does cover some wireless technologies using the WCS which is not covered in QoS (obiviously). It was a pretty easy move from ONT to the QoS exam however. There was enough common between the two, that it doesn't take much to fill in the gaps of the ONT material with the Wendell Odom QoS book.

In fact, I think that book could be used for both exams for self study and just supplement some Cisco docs for the wireless portions on the ONT.
  • AddisonAddison Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HI Dtlokee,

I noticed you have gained ccvp, ccnp, ccsp, and many more. are you doing CCIE now ? and planning to get multiple cCIE? I was bit curious.
    CCVP here I come