Options

ccsp & ccnp

bootitoncebootitonce Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is it necessary or helpful to go for CCNP before CCSP?I have planned to go for Security+ and then CCSP.I have done CCNA and RHCE,being in the Linux job I dont get much exposure to cisco technology,but even then i am willing to clear CCNP in case it's kind of MUST for CCSP.Members who clear CCSP,are they do so while doing a cisco gears/technology oriented job or they clear it while doing other(linux,unix,MS)kind of job?? In a nutshell do I HAVE to join more Cisco oriented (to count as experience) to clear CCNP and CCSP??

Kindly share ur thoughts.

Thanks & Regards

P.S :Thanks for reading this long question sad.gif icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As far as Cisco is concerned there is no requirement to obtain a CCNP certification before moving onto a CCSP, but with the addition of ISCW to the CCNP it seems to be a good introduction to the CCSP topics. In class it seems the students who have a CCNP or atttended the CCNP classes have a better time with the CCSP topics but that could be because the router and swich CLI is more familiar or whatever, I am not sure what to attribute it to.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    I am a RHCE,also done CCNA.Currently working on Linux world (so as to say),not much exposure to cisco equipments.But I want to go for CCNP/CCSP -->CCIE. Is it a wise decison to go for CCNP while working in linux OS?

Thanks & Regards
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They're two different parallel paths as I see it, other than there is a command line in both and much of the same networking theory will still apply. Just take it low and slow, set aside 20-30 minutes per day to study the Cisco materials and practice on live equipment (or a simultaor if need be) and you'll be suprised how much you can cover in a month's time.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    thanks dtlokee.it really helped to see things clearly.