CCNP and CCIP

adnanpervaizadnanpervaiz Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I will be great gratitude , if someone guide me ,is it possible that i can appear for CCIP exam?but i dont want to appear for CCNP exam.
Adnan Pervaiz
JNCIE-M/T,CCIP
JNCIS-FWV

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The CCIP Certification shares the BSCI exam and the CCNA prerequisite with the CCNP, but you are not required to complete the CCNP to earn the CCIP. If you have a CCNA and complete the required 4 exams within 3 years you earn the CCIP.

Check out the CCIP Certification webpage
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • adnanpervaizadnanpervaiz Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    please send me some CCIP guide e-books for composite exam of MPLS and BGP.or send me links from where i can download e-boooks relevant to CCIP.thanks in advance
    Adnan Pervaiz
    JNCIE-M/T,CCIP
    JNCIS-FWV
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Safari is a great resource for MS Press, Cisco Press, and numerous other books in a convenient electronic format.
  • NetworkheadNetworkhead Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Even though, not required, it's always better to go for the ccnp before ccip, ccvp, ccsp and ccie. The ccnp gives you a good indepth foundation to cisco networking.

Every time I look at mikej412's list of cisco certs, it amazes me. I have to ask, why do you get all these cisco certs? What kind of work do you do?
    Another step closer to my goal.
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    would you also like us to make fake identity's and sit the exams for you?
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Darthn3ss wrote:

icon_mrgreen.gif
  • romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    With new security policies enforcement defined by Pearson Vue, it will be hard...

But you can try icon_lol.gif
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • CCIE_2011CCIE_2011 Member Posts: 134
    romain wrote:
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    With new security policies enforcement defined by Pearson Vue, it will be hard...

What are the new policies ?
    . : | : . : | : .
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CCIE_2011 wrote:
    Program Updates - 12/04/07
    Cisco and Pearson VUE Improve Security Innovations in Global Test Delivery
    Cisco is now requiring all Pearson VUE test centers delivering Cisco certification exams to collect digital photos and digital signatures during the admissions process, in addition to the current identification requirements. This new layer of identity authentication will help to ensure candidate identity and result in increased assurance that individuals are presenting accurate certification records in the marketplace. The new authentication technology will be implemented in phases around the globe over the next 12 months.

:mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • SepiraphSepiraph Member Posts: 179 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Actually I am thinking of doing CCIP before CCNP since I now work for a national ISP. Anyone else actually did their CCIP without doing CCNP first?
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Sepiraph wrote:
    Actually I am thinking of doing CCIP before CCNP since I now work for a national ISP. Anyone else actually did their CCIP without doing CCNP first?
    I worked with a guy that was far more interested in routing and working with ISPs, (and had absolutely no love of switching). He's on the CCIP track now, he seems to be doing just fine and having a great time. Chances are, though, that he'll end up having to go back and do the CCNP as well at some point, since it has better recognition than CCIP does. For the actual studying, it doesn't seem like you "need" CCNP in order to be successful on the CCIP track.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

CCIE_2011 wrote:

DNA samples! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

ITdude wrote:
    CCIE_2011 wrote:

DNA samples! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif
    Yup, you have to give two pints worth of DNA, (Futurama-style).

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm typing this with one eye because the retinal scanner took my other one.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • nullrouternullrouter Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    romain wrote:
    Darthn3ss wrote:

Too be honest I havent seen them being carried out in any testing centre around here yet.
    CCIE R&S All Done :D

Web Blog of sorts:
    http://blog.nullrouter.com
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nullrouter wrote:
    romain wrote:
    Darthn3ss wrote:

Too be honest I havent seen them being carried out in any testing centre around here yet.

Me either, just the usual 2 photo IDs they look at (the concealed carry permit always takes them a minute to figure out) and signing in and out on paper.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • ixg123ixg123 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□

Maybe it just takes time ... here in Ireland the new measures have been active for a few months. Finger prints will be the next stage icon_wink.gif
    I haven't had to go through any of the new security measures yet either. Is there some sort of guideline as to when testing centers will start using them? It's already bad enough that you need 13 forms of picture ID and two pints of blood to sit exams...
    pbosworth@gmail.com
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Paul Boz wrote:
    I haven't had to go through any of the new security measures yet either. Is there some sort of guideline as to when testing centers will start using them? It's already bad enough that you need 13 forms of picture ID and two pints of blood to sit exams...

WHAT?? I got jipped then...... They continued to take blood while I was taking the exam...... I want my other 2 pints back.... Thank god they had a plate of cookies on the table for me icon_lol.gif

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
    A.P.A wrote:
    Thank god they had a plate of cookies on the table for me icon_lol.gif

You laugh but that's really ironic because the last time I was scheduled to take an exam at the new testing center I'm using the secretary had a plate of cookies home baked for my wife and I. I love being from here :)
    pbosworth@gmail.com
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote:
    A.P.A wrote:
    Thank god they had a plate of cookies on the table for me icon_lol.gif

You laugh but that's really ironic because the last time I was scheduled to take an exam at the new testing center I'm using the secretary had a plate of cookies home baked for my wife and I. I love being from here :)
    Yeah there is one of the test centers near me that always has fresh cookies (they bake their own) and free drinks, etc. Others have all the filth you could ever want... icon_eek.gif