I really need help on 640-607

perreauperreau Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

i am about to take my CCNA 640-607 exam in two or three weeks. The thing is....im so scared of it, i hear its difficult. I have graduated from sem 4 with flying colours but i have no idea how the final exam is, can anyone give me some tips or help please? im so scared of failing it.

hope to hear from you soon,

kind regards,

Luc

Comments

• 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    That exam has been retiered.

Cisco has an updated exam available. exam 640-801. Check Cisco's site very often. You don't want to waste your time preparing for a retiered exam.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • perreauperreau Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    actually we are excptions........we got an extension from cisco till 31st July. So....any advise?
    Exceptions? you must be kidding me?
    can u help me or not?? this is for 640-607 - look below:
    ####################################

Cisco has arranged for Phase 2 promotional codes to enable students and instructors
    currently enrolled in a CCNA 4, CCNP 1, 2, 3 or 4 class that began on or after January 1,
    2004 or for students or instructors who have graduated from a CCNA 4, CCNP 1, 2, 3 or
    4 course on or after January 1, 2004. The promo code is good from the date it is
    received by the eligible individual until July 31, 2004.

Eligible students and instructors must register on the Alumni site to receive a promotional
    code. Promotional codes will be e-mailed to eligible students and instructors who are
    registered on the Alumni Site and have opted in to receive Cisco Networking Academy
    Program related information from Cisco. E-mails will be sent on the 1st and the 15th of
    every month until July 31, 2004 to account for new members of the Alumni Connection or
    for already existing members who elect to opt in.

To join the Alumni Connection, please follow the steps below:

Login into the Academy Connection site at http://cisco.netacad.net/
    Click 'Alumni Home' in the Navigation Box on the left-hand side of the screen
    Complete the Registration

To "opt in" to receive an e-mail with a promotional code, please follow the steps below
    once you have completed the steps above:

Login into the Academy Connection site at http://cisco.netacad.net/
    From you Student or Instructor Home Page, click "My Profile" at the very top, right side
    of the page
    Click "Edit Profile"
    Scroll down to the section titled, "Participation Opportunities."
    Check the "yes" button for the question, "Do you want to receive Cisco Networking
    Academy Program related information from Cisco via email?"

Once you have received your promo code you can opt back out if you choose to do so.

These are the general notes regarding the promotional codes.

Please remember that once you graduate from the program, unless you are a registered
    member of the Alumni Site you will no longer have access to Academy Connection and
    thus to the Alumni site and to offers such as this. Some important reminders about this
    special offer:

The promo code is only to be used by those who are eligible.
    The promo code cannot by transferred to or shared with any other person.
    Individuals found using the promo code who are not eligible will have their certification
    exam score(s) nullified whether they are in the Networking Academy Program or not.
    There is no discount associated with the promo code.
    If the tester fails on the first attempt, the promo code can be used again by the same
    individual who used it on the first attempt. There are two attempts maximum.
    Plan accordingly to take your exam. There will be absolutely no extensions for promo
    codes. You must register and complete the exam by July 31, 2004.
    You will be required to give your Academy Connection ID and the Username you use
    when you log in to Academy Connection when you register with Pearson VUE or
    Prometric. No exceptions will be made and this information will be verified in Academy
    Connection after the promo code has been used.
    Promo codes need not be used with discount vouchers. CCNA Exam Discount vouchers
    will enable a student or instructor to take either the new or the old exam until July 31,
    Promo codes will be e-mailed to eligible people on the first and the fifteenth (or the
    Friday before if the first or the 15th falls on a weekend) of each month until July 15,
    2004. You are responsible for submitting your correct e-mail address and for turning off
    any filters that might prevent you from receiving the e-mail from Cisco with the Promo
    Code. Cisco is not responsible if you do not receive the Promo Code due to your e-mail
    filters.
    Pearson VUE accepts either web or telephone registration for these exams. Prometric
    only accepts telephone registration.
    If you have an academy who are having problems with receiving promo codes, please
    ask the instructor to raise a case with the help link from within Academy Connection.
    The last registration date for that exam was Sep 2003. If you're really sure that promo code is for exam 640-607 and not 640-801, then so be it. I'm not trying to bother you. I'm just trying to help you understand that retiered exams are retiered exams.

But if you want to take that exam, wish you the best of LUCK! icon_lol.gif

2lbs.
    well....i know its still on cause the VUE centre stil offer it in my city in UK.

So, can anyone give some tips?
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The last registration date for that exam was Sep 2003. If you're really sure that promo code is for exam 640-607 and not 640-801, then so be it. I'm not trying to bother you. I'm just trying to help you understand that retiered exams are retiered exams.

But if you want to take that exam, wish you the best of LUCK! icon_lol.gif

2lbs.
    FYI, that retirement date does not apply to those who took the Cisco Net academy 640-607 classes.

@perreau, you shouldn't need to be scared. You actually have an advantage taking the 'old' CCNA exam. Many sites haven't updated there material to correspond with the 640-801 exam, and most of the exam is still the same. There must be thousands of free practice exams available online. Since you took and passed all the classes, the way to get yourself fully prepared for the exam is by taking loads of practice exams until you pass them all with a score above 90%.

You can start by taking our practice exams and reading our TechNotes, and then check our Cisco link page for more. After that I suggest:
    www.google.com
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    perreau...is right. I also graduated from the Cisco Acad. and for the Academy students the exam was extended to July 31st. (640-607)
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • sarah34745sarah34745 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the 640-607 is apparently way easier than the new ccna. There is no bridging exam as so they call it.
    I can still write the 640-607 exam as well, because I took it last year, but never wanted to write it until now. So, all I had to do was re-write the 4 semester tests and my instructor just had to graduate me from that class again,and now I have until July 31st of this year to write the 640-607...
    for a good website go to http://www.celticrover.com/tig/ccna/ccnareviews.asp
    It explains a lot of both versions there & had excellent studying material
    Ambition makes you look pretty ugly....
    Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy