Who is CCIE#1???????

malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
I googled this but it just came up with a bunch of links to some forums.....I dunno!

Can anyone tell me who the first ever CCIE is? I'd be interested in reading some biorgaphy on them!

Malc

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think they started at 1000 but I may be wrong. The lowest one I know personally has number 19## and he got in 1995 I think.

edit: a google search returned this "The first CCIE number issued was 1025"
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dtlokee wrote:
    I think they started at 1000 but I may be wrong. The lowest one I know personally has number 19## and he got in 1995 I think.

edit: a google search returned this "The first CCIE number issued was 1025"

From doing more digging you're more or less right, lots of hits come up for CCIE#1024 indicating this was the first CCIE.

From what I've read 1024 was assigned to the lab itself and the first human CCIE was CCIE#1025, Stuart Biggs who created the CCIE program. Apparently 1025 was Stuart's Cisco employee number!

The second CCIE was a chap call Terry Slattery CCIE#1026 - interesting stuff!
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    1024 was the first number and it was awarded to the lab itself. They chose 1024 because that is a a kilohertz because the lab 'hurts' and 'will really kill ya' according to Doyle Volume I first edition.
  • darkfibredarkfibre Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote:
    because the lab 'hurts' and 'will really kill ya'

Amen to that.
  • darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    but you can pass if you get 80 points ....
    rm -rf /
  • GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    Since 5 of the 10 CCIE's were in the same building you could imagine them exchanging ideas about the exam....

...but they wouldn't violate NDA would they? haha

The CCIE is still in my future plans, but its still doesn't have the prestige it did 7 years ago.
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Really sorry for resurrecting an ancient thread, but I searched the question in regards to thread and it was the first google result. I had a search through the forums and couldn't find anything newer, and upon searching "Stuart biggs" I came across this little post from last year, which explains how CCIE came about, and the preparation the 20th year (2013)

This story is how the Cisco CCIE program was born - Stuart Biggs
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    kj0 wrote: »
    Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing! Love the Cisco Top Gun jacket :)
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs