Options

70-290 or 70-270 which one should I take first?

khantahminakhantahmina Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,
I am new to this forum. I am glad that I came across to this forum because I found lots of good tips here. I am going for MCSE. My question is which exam I should take first 70-290 or 70-270. I have Bsc in CompSci but I don’t have any experience with windows server 2003. I want to take the easier exam first. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Bsc in CompSci,SCJP,MCP(70-290),WIP(MCSE and CCNA)

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It really doesn't matter. Whatever you learn in one will greatly help you with the other; there is a significant amount of overlap between them. I did 290 first, and that helped with 270. I could have done it the other way around just as easily. Keep in mind that you are also able to apply the Vista configuration exam, 70-620, to the MCSE as well as the 2008 Server/Enterprise Administrator MCITP. You may want to consider taking that instead of 70-270.
  • Options
    khantahminakhantahmina Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    It really doesn't matter. Whatever you learn in one will greatly help you with the other; there is a significant amount of overlap between them. I did 290 first, and that helped with 270. I could have done it the other way around just as easily. Keep in mind that you are also able to apply the Vista configuration exam, 70-620, to the MCSE as well as the 2008 Server/Enterprise Administrator MCITP. You may want to consider taking that instead of 70-270.

thanks. That is a very good tip
    Bsc in CompSci,SCJP,MCP(70-290),WIP(MCSE and CCNA)
  • Options
    GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    I recommend taking 70-290 first.

Taking 70-290 will make a lot of concepts in 70-270 easier to understand.