Passed Today!

furgoonfurgoon Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Just sat for the exam and actually passed with an 810. The technotes on this site were a great help.
I also used the Linux+ book from Tracy, the Testout, and and the CBTNuggets. The CBTnuggets were geared for the RHCE Exam but were very helpful for this exam as it based on a lot of Redhat. I also used the Mike Myer's video's from Learnkey. I have been studying nonstop for the last two weeks. Just glad it is over. Thanks again for a great forum and site.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks for the feedback and congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif

Did you just study two weeks or was that your last big push leading up to the exam? Did you have previous experience with Linux?

It looks like there is a big focus on memorizing commands and switches. Did you find this to be the case?
  • furgoonfurgoon Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been a big fan of Linux for years and we use a bit at work, but mostly for appliances like Ipcop. We also have a mail server but I don't like to touch it or the boss gets mad.

Definitely know your switches for rpm, netstat, usermod, and for making filesystems. It feels like I have been studying for months but I just got into gear for the exam in the last month or so.

Getting this cert was the carrot for a raise at work so there was some monetary motivation as well. :D
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job, congrats. icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • floppydiskfloppydisk Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATULATIONS...!!! great work..!!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • vwtechvwtech Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job man!
    I plan to sit mines next month also.
    Don't tell co-workers your going for a Cert that they don't have. They may think your trying to take their job.
  • furgoonfurgoon Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.
  • EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm planning on sitting for mine come March.
  • silentc1015silentc1015 Member Posts: 128
    Congrats on this one. It's not a very easy test because of the memorization.