that final push

so you;ve done your homework read your books, done your labs

but how do you get motivated during those last 2 weeks to really pour it one

I've been "ready" for my sec+ for a bit but with hollidays, company restructuring and whatnot when I get home at night i just don't have that gas to sit there for a few hours and pound away at my weaknesses

what helps you put on the final drive

Comments

• BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    finality... The idea of pressing that button and seeing the Congratulations you passed button really helps me.

If you've done your homework, labs, etc. like you said then the last 2 weeks should just be review and you should be ready to go no problem.

I upscheduled my 70-270 exam for this morning because I couldn't wait till next week to take it.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Knowing you are loosing your job in a few months really helps push you.
    -Daniel
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Change of scenery always help for me -- you've been studying in the same dark basement or classroom or desk for X months, and you're sick of it. I spent the last two weeks studying 'somewhere else'. It made the material seem less boring.

Also, try a different "mode" -- go through flashcards with a co-worker or family or have them quiz you instead of doing it solo.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Schedule to sit the exam in 2 weeks. That always motivates me when the last 3-4 days roll around.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Schedule to sit the exam in 2 weeks. That always motivates me when the last 3-4 days roll around.

Yep...that usually gets me motivated. Knowing that I have a set deadline and need to prepare. Without that deadline, you will keep pushing it off when you don't feel like it.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    I push it off too

guess I'll have to pony up the cash and have that money riding on it
  • doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    sprkymrk wrote:

+1

Thats also how I do the final push. Also, my employer pays for the exams only if I pass them so thats also motivating. icon_eek.gif
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    doom969 wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:

+1

Thats also how I do the final push. Also, my employer pays for the exams only if I pass them so thats also motivating. icon_eek.gif

my employer will pay too it's one of the few perks we get

so this year he will be shelling out till I can't study/learn anymore

and considering I finished a 14 month tech school in 11 months I see anm MSCA + sec and Messaging in my future

then who knows
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Yes, me too, but that doesn't work for the really big exams that cover a lot of material. Schedule 4 weeks ahead for those.