Options

Can't get started with CCNP

MiekMiek Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
I bought the CCNP sybex kit a few weeks ago but I just don't know how to start studying icon_sad.gif

I'm still working with ACL's but that isn't really covered in CCNP. I just don't know if the sybex book is good enough to pass the CCNP exams. Are there other books I have to buy?

Next week I'll get some new routers :D
4 3600, 1 2500 and 2 1700. I hope when I got my new toys I finally start studying for my CCNP cause I have to do my first (BSCI) exam before september icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I would say: just start reading icon_wink.gif

Actually, you'll need to know the different purposes of access-lists.

For the BSCI exam I used to Cisco press book and it nearly covers everything for the exam. The Sybex books should be good though.
    4 3600, 1 2500 and 2 1700.
    icon_cool.gif

Good luck!
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I found the best way to do it is like Webmaster says start reading, I read Sybex making notes as I went along. Then picked up the cisco press and used the do I already know this quizes to help me gauge how much had sunk in. I find Sybex are good but just lack a little depth at times so use cisco to "fill in the Gaps"

Getting started is the hardest bit, you will find the most of the topics are refreshing on CCNA stuff with the excpetion of BGP and IS-IS
    4 3600

I wish 3600!
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    MiekMiek Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just hope that 4 months will be enough to study BSCI and do some practice.

Well the 3600 routers don't have fastethernet ports but the 1700 do :)

Problem I had today is that IOS 12.2T doesn't support OSPF icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    4 months should be more than enough. I did about 2 months of study and practice, try to get another IOS as OSPF is an important part of it.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.