Academic second shot extended MCSA candidates - PLEASE READ

malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
All,

the academic second shot has been extended from expiring on 30th January 2008 until 30th June 2008

new link

www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/default.mspx

definitely good news for those of us pursuing the MCSA in 2008!!!

Comments

• aoeaoe Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what about the non academic second shot?
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi,

im at university in the UK. how much are these academic exams? are these the ones which you get the exam for nearly half price? so you also get a 2nd shot free?

cheers
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    aoe wrote:
    what about the non academic second shot?

I don't understand your question......academic second shot is the name of the promotion from Microsoft.

Have a read of the FAQ at the link above

malc
    I thought there where 2 different ones? Acedemic tests and then the non academic test for IT proffesionals.

The academic 291 is 72-291 instead of 70-291?
    Please correct me if im wrong.
    Thanks
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nel wrote:
    hi,

im at university in the UK. how much are these academic exams? are these the ones which you get the exam for nearly half price? so you also get a 2nd shot free?

cheers

hi nel,

all of the info on the promotion is on the FAQ on right hand side of the web site but you basically sign up for it before you sit one of the eligible exams get a code and if you fail the exam the first time then rebook it and quote the code.

the best thing to do is read frequently asked questions

www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/default.mspx

cheers
    malc
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    aoe wrote:
    I thought there where 2 different ones? Acedemic tests and then the non academic test for IT proffesionals.

Thanks

You are correct.

Second Shot: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/default.mspx
    Academic Second Shot: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/default.mspx

The academic second shot has been extended until the end of June, but the regular one is still listed as ending this January.
  • elvantelvant Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just schedule 290 on FEB 4, 12 hours ago, the second shot I request on 4 JAN could not be used any more, it said my scheduled date is over the voucher valid date. So, is the extended date true? Confuse icon_sad.gif
    What is done is done, what yet to be done will be done. While in the process of doing, enjoy it.
    dynamik wrote:
    aoe wrote:

Thanks

You are correct.

Second Shot: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/default.mspx
    Academic Second Shot: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/default.mspx

The academic second shot has been extended until the end of June, but the regular one is still listed as ending this January.

That sucks....i wish both where until june. I could use that.
    Oh well.
  • ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    its actually the same exam...and you're right it sucks! icon_mad.gif
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    IT says they extended the normal one.

"Due to popular demand, the Second Shot offer has been extended through June 30, 2008!"
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
    Tyrant1919 wrote:

"Due to popular demand, the Second Shot offer has been extended through June 30, 2008!"

*sigh* I just rescheduled my exams on the 29th because I was feeling a little shaky. I probably would have tested my luck had I known I would still have my safety net. Good to know though. Thanks for the update!

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/default.mspx
    Yes! I sent them an email last week and they had no answer. This is great news. Time to hit the books hard...
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    THATS AWESOME NEWS!!! this should take the edge off the first time I take the beast! Not to mention MCSE exams too!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    Tyrant1919 wrote:

do you mean by normal is the non academic exam? im searching at my own without using the link provided here but i cant find it. i cant help but to smile when i read your post...i just want be sure... :D
    It's for the regular/standard/non-academic second shot. My link above goes to it.
    thanks dynamic! :)
  • bojo387bojo387 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Goodness Gracious, Thank You God!

and Thanks Bill! icon_lol.gif
  • dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    A bit late, I have an exam already booked for the 5th Feb. I have just emailed Prometric with a voucher code to see if it can be applied to the exam

Hopefully will be able to use it, but more hopefully wont need it :D
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Thanks for the link! This is great news! Time to dive back into the 292!
    dave0212 wrote:
    A bit late, I have an exam already booked for the 5th Feb. I have just emailed Prometric with a voucher code to see if it can be applied to the exam

You'll likely have to just cancel it and schedule it again. They require that they be applied when you register. At least that's what they told me when I called...

It certainly is! You're down to about two months before that test retires!
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    dynamik wrote:
    dave0212 wrote:

You'll likely have to just cancel it and schedule it again. They require that they be applied when you register. At least that's what they told me when I called...

It certainly is! You're down to about two months before that test retires!

Yeah, I'm on top of it... Taken it twice in the last month already..... There isn't much more room for failure.
  • ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats awesome
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
  • 94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
    I was so flipping excited I just created another topic above this one!!! Well this is certainly great news...Maybe I can get MCSE with the help of the second shot.
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!