help: tftp backup problem

anisanis Member Posts: 34 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am new in the world of pix and definately lost in it so far.

Well, I have PIX 515E version 6.3(5). However, now I am trying to backup my running config file to tftp and restore on another 'out of box' similar pix firewall.

I have connected my laptop to ethernet 1 (inside) port. I have installed my tftp server on my laptop's location: "d:\tftp" (root folder). Ip addresses are pix inside:192.168.1.1 and my Laptop: 192.168.1.2. They can ping each other successfully.

However, the tftp commands that were compatible with 8.0(2) is not working on this pix. Whenever, i am trying to write "wr net", I am getting "unspecified", error.

Now i need help on the following:

1. What should be command syntax on the pix (I guess it should) to inform the pix about the tftp server. (I tried with : tftp-server inside 192.168.1.2 d:/tftp). Based on the above information what can be the exact syntax for allowing tftp on the pix?

2. After setting up tftp, what could be the command on the pix to backup the running configuration file on tftp. ("copy run tftp" does not work)

3. What could be the command to restore it on another new pix? (I am sure copy tftp run will also not work)

4. What do I do to the new pix before restoring the same config file?
(setup commands? Interfaces ready to exept these config file? or nothing just after setup, restoring will config the complete pix including pix)

IF there is anything else that I should take care during this process.

Plz help me out of this problem.

thank

Comments

• AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Try write net 192.168.1.2:/MyPixCfg.wri

Also I've had a problem before where I got some odd error no matter what I did, I had to set the security on the TFTP root folder to Everyone/full-control.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • anisanis Member Posts: 34 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks

Well, what about my earlier questions? plz someone help.