Message Undeliverable

j938j938 Member Posts: 101
What does this message imply if someone is trying to send to this recipent

This is what the sender is getting
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.sender.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused>

does it mean that the recipient has a permission set for the sender cant send to them

or

does it mean that the sender has something set on their end which is causing them to not send to yourname@domain.com
Growth is limited.

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Blacklisted, spam filter, inbox full so you can't send (prohibit send), other guy's inbox is full.. some ideas off the top of my head.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There might be a typo in the recipients address. If that's the case, the message will be rejected since that email address does not exist.
  • j938j938 Member Posts: 101
    I want to add seems when they send out a newsletter everyone else gets it that they ssend it to except our domain and sometimes we recieve mail ok and sometimes we dont.

i dont think their mailbox is full cause i had them forward the recipient the message error and they forwarded to me
    Growth is limited.
    Ok I just ran the Exchange tracking logs seems that message was rejected by Intelligent Message Filtering ...

Is there any reason why this would occur or what would cause it for this certain message????
    Growth is limited.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does it happen somewhat randomly, and usually if the user resends it works?
    All things are possible, only believe.
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Does it happen somewhat randomly, and usually if the user resends it works?

Randomly is when it happens

maybe something in the email stop it from going or maybe since he fw the newletter it rejected?????????
    Growth is limited.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was asking because we had a similar situation happen here with users getting that same error. It happened after we moved our Exchange servers to a new OU. See if this might apply to your issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/271335/en-us
    All things are possible, only believe.
    sprkymrk wrote:
    I was asking because we had a similar situation happen here with users getting that same error. It happened after we moved our Exchange servers to a new OU. See if this might apply to your issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/271335/en-us

no
    Growth is limited.