Call Manager Question??

networknoobnetworknoob Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I want to purchase a Call Manager Server for the CCVP track but its kinda pricy ($500 or more)
I notice most of the Call Manager servers selling on Ebay are HP DL320. Is it possible to get any DL320 and then install CM on it ? Thanks

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    People have installed it on VMware and Virtual PC, althought I have never tried it. Try a search on google for more information
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • antonyice1antonyice1 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yes you can install call manager on a DL320 and if u r installing a ccm 3.x or 4.x you can even install it on a normal pc
  • fid500fid500 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello

You dont have to buy an MCS server. If you have Callmanager 6, you can install it on vmware. I installed mine on my desktop running windows 2003 server and vmware server.
    Good Luck
  • CADCAD Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can also install MCS media on WMvare , os 2003 1.2 works ( ccm 4.3)

there is also a registry "trick" for a generic 2000 server install , that allows you to install callamanger on top of that , (ccm <4.2 )

there are numerous articles out there on that

here's one

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=930128&page=1
    IPT is fun !
    CAD
  • networknoobnetworknoob Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a bunch for the info guys , I really appreciate it....
  • antonyice1antonyice1 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    don't worry u can install ccm 3.x and 4.x on normal pc.but u will have to edit the registry and make it a virtual MCS server
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Is it possible to get any DL320 and then install CM on it ?
    Different versions with different processor speeds (and memory/disk) may (or may not) work for different versions of CallManager.

Check out the the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Server Support Matrix to be sure a particular DL320 would support the CallManager version you want to install.

I like having the actual software running on the supported hardware, but for a lab environment, the VMWare option or the registry hack option also works fine if money is a big consideration.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • timbetztimbetz Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have call manager 6.0.1 running on my macbookpro in a vmware. Just make sure you set the OS to REDHAT ENTERPRISE 3 and give the filesystem 72gb (do not allocate) and make sure the network is bridged and you should have no issues installing.
  • madgislasmadgislas Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□