All-in-One CPU and LCD Monitor(kind of like IMAC)

GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
Do you know of any PC vendors who produce LCD/CPU cases similar to IMAC?

I want to purchase a computer without a bulky case which takes up too much space wherever it sits.

I need something compact, preferably something similar to the new IMAC, without MAcintosh OS of course, so I can load whatever OS I want on the thing(if Linux would support this design).

Thanks
CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks like Gateway does also.

http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529667523.php

Although I would recommend the Dell instead.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    I like the Dell computer out of those two.

I wish they would sell without an OS so I could have $100+ and configure my own PC.

When will these vendors ever catch on?

Maybe a smaller company will put together an all-in-one LCD/CPU combo soon enough, which is less expensive, and I will definitely purchase one.
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Actually, all that crap-ware they include subsidizes the price quite a bit. I remember hearing reports when Dell introduced Linux machines that the Linux machines were more expensive than the Windows machines. Your machine without an OS might cost more than had it come with one.
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Avoid Gateway at all cost.

Yes, I live in Iowa.
  • paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    Goldmember wrote:
    I like the Dell computer out of those two.

I wish they would sell without an OS so I could have $100+ and configure my own PC.

When will these vendors ever catch on?

Maybe a smaller company will put together an all-in-one LCD/CPU combo soon enough, which is less expensive, and I will definitely purchase one.

Well they do sell desktops without the OS, as do all vendors... but thats for corporate premier accounts. I assume this is for personal use. That and I don't believe the XPS line falls under corporate desktops. icon_confused.gif