Home Lab Mess

jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
My lab is a huge mess, all the cable monitors, desktop rack server/switches/routers is a stress, it seems they have a life of their own since additional equipments keeps adding up, do you guys have any idea of a specialized company that is tailored for my situation?

Comments

• jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm looking for a table that is designed for this stuff, a rack is something that I can start planning for later on, when I move to a different place that has a garage, but for now, I am trying to see if there are specialized furniture out there to tailor for my lab.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    http://www.pcfurniturestore.com/

Just google various combations of pc, computer, server, furniture, rack, cart, etc. There's quite a variety. It depends on what you're looking for.
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks I'm trying to see different idea from the site...
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    I would get some cable ties (couple bucks at home depot) or failing that, velcro or electrical tape. A utility table or "banquet table" is a good place to work on systems, if you don't need fancy furniture. I try to separate my lab area, which is industrial-style; from my work-area, which has a more homely feel.

You should post a picture...
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    How about getting a KVM or using RDP or VNC to eliminate some of the monitors/keyboards/mice?

Racks are surprisingly inexpensive on ebay - if you live close to one.