Options

Need help with tech support interview

springrollspringroll Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have an interview comming up for a tech support postion. The interview will be aorund 1.5hrs with some test so I am assuming it will be 20 to 30min of interview and then 1hr to do the test.

-The ability to diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware issues
-Good working knowledge of operating systems (particularly Windows 2000, XP and NT)
-Good working knowledge of computer network and Internet connectivity

Is what they listed. I was wondering will studying some A+ notes hlep me with this. I would say I am fairly confident with computers and its issue but I never use Win 2000 or NT. Also I think they ask some old DOS questions as well.

I guess I am wondering should I spend time reading the A+ tech notes or some of the microsfot exams(70-215 Win2000 sever). Since the interview is this thrus(I havea orund 5days including today to peapre.

Thx a lot. I am a bit nervous aobut this job since there is a lot of room to move up so I don't want to screw up :P

Comments

• Options
    johnw02johnw02 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't think it could hurt. You may want to read up on the Network+ technotes as well..
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Hmm, they are probably going to ask basic questions about the OS's and networking. Do you know how to release/renew , use tracert, ping, those types of things. Do you know how to add/remove programs, reconfigure your display, know how to configure power options? I think they may ask basic questions like those. They might ask networking questions such as port numbers and things like that. If you don't already know the things I have talked about then you might be in trouble.
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    What kind of tech support are we talking about? ISP? Over the phone? In an office? The questions will probably lean towards something specific that comes up.
  • Options
    springrollspringroll Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GT-Rob wrote:
    What kind of tech support are we talking about? ISP? Over the phone? In an office? The questions will probably lean towards something specific that comes up.

It is tech support over the phone for the software that they sell. So I am guessing they want ppl to know the basic about differetn windows and networking.