Options

Links....

Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
So who know how to get the dang Links group from showing up on my Favorites? Deleting does not work, as it comes back with a new window...just started..hmm.....
i remain, he who remains to be....

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    icon_confused.gif That's weird, mine didn't return, not even after a reboot.
  • Options
    Not a problem, just a little annoyance. Soon to be wiped out by a friendly format and clean install. New hard drives, more capacity, new raid array. Mini-lab in a few weeks, hopefully. Oh well, Stupid Links...... icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Finally:

Regedit:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
    and modify the string value LinksFolderName so that its value is blank. Now delete the Links folder from your Favorites and log out or restart your computer.

:D
  • Options
    Yes indeed!!! You rock!! I'll remember that when I do my format this weekend. A new system, clean, fresh Windows(only a few streaks).....
  • Options
    Well, I'll have to wait until my format next week. I tried that key, and it actually came back as "0", instead on "Links"....Grrr!!!!! Oh well, It's more than likely the cause of my bad habit of tweaking.....lol.....I love Windows!!!