Passed today.

KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed my N+ exam today :) . But let me tell you I felt cheated because alot of the questions were ridiculous. I didn't feel like I was being tested on what I know but more like they were trying to trick me. Needless to say I was very relieved to find out I passed.

Also as promised I tried to remember as much as I could about the topics. I had a bunch of network support questions.

1. Wireless and sources of interference
2. IP address classes and ranges
3. Network devices and OSI/TCP/IP layers
4. Alot of questions on DNS
5. Fiber technologies

That's all I can remember at the moment. Will give more input if I can recall any more. My only piece of advice is that it seemed like all of the question involved weeding out the wrong answer to find the correct one. So instead of them saying what layer does UDP operate at which was one of my questions by the way they would say which protocol doesn't operate at the application layer. I had a 12 page review sheet that I used I will Link later today if anyone wants to check it out.

Comments

• brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Ive been saying that for a couple of months. People dont seem to think the test is radically different because the objectives are still the same.

The test is rediculous, and I felt cheated as well because the test questions dont reflect the study materials out there.

Also, you should refrain from posting any specifics about the test, be more general.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You may want to change your suggestions to something like this:

1. Wireless and sources of interference
    2. IP address classes and ranges
    3. Network devices and OSI/TCP/IP layers
    4. Alot of questions on DNS
    5. Fiber technologies

I think you're going into a bit too much detail.

Congrats on the pass, btw icon_thumright.gif
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass :D , and i agree with your comments about the test i felt the same way, as dynamik said just be careful how much detail you give away about the exam, you dont want to break the NDA you signed before the test
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • bertyberty Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    this is not helping me...got the test next monday - good to get an idea that things have changed a bit...although i'm hoping i dont have a brown-out over the next few days (and i dont mean a drop in power) :D
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dont stress the exam berty, as long as you have studied the material and you are confident you can cover the objectives you will be fine, if you havent already, download a copy of the objectives and also download a copy of the technotes from this site, they kick ass, and really helped me nail net+
    good luck monday, let us know how it goes :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • bertyberty Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i sort of feel confidant (i'm not the most confidant person!), its starting to stress me out to the point of being ridiculous!
    I've dj'd in front of a 1000 people, and this is terrifying me more than that!! well got 3 evenings, plus 3 full days to cram with - i'm basically going over my notes and trying to pick up areas where i think i'm weak (from the score i got on transcender) - and try and just go over them - last few days been tackling two chapters a night from the groth book, going over the notes i've made and maybe doing a qick goole search for other info - once i've gone through the chapters (friday by my rekoning) gonna go over my cbt nuggets notes, and also read the technotes - which i have to say look really good, and a few other bits and then maybe take another practise exam.
    I've put the test of from taking it two weeks ago, as i really didnt feel ready.
    Situation i have is, i got made a junior network support person, and they booked me in for a ccna in march, so i thought if i do the network + - it'll give me a gentler introduction to stuff and can cover some elements of the ccna before hand...
    anyway sorry to hijack this thread!

A pass is a pass mate - well done!! On to the next one!
    what score did u get if u dont mind me asking?
  • KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello, thanks guys.
    Oops didnt realize that was to specific although I wonder how Exam cram is able to give me the exact question that was on my test? The Microwave one was word for word.

Berty don't get to nervous just keep cramming I was just pointing out that I knew the OSI model like the back of my hand and studied everything in the Kit and exam cram book and it was still tough. Maybe I just got a bad test that didn't quiz me enough on my strong subjects. I think if someone has a stronger experience in actual support they may do better then I did. I only have 1 year of tech support experience.