davidjwelchdavidjwelch Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I have the following exams taken on these dates :

CCNA 640-407 Oct 99

Routing 640-503 Jul 00
R/access 640-505 Sep 01
Switching 640-504 Feb 02
Support 640-606 Apr 03

I was never officially a CCNP because I assume that by the time I had finished the last CCNP exam, the CCNA 1 was retired.
My question is, if I retake the new CCNA, will the above CCNP certs be valid and for how long? I have looked on the Cisco site but the info on this seems a little unclear.

Many thanks
David

Comments

• wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    When you did 640-503 this should have rectified your ccna,and sagain with all the other ccnp exams. However because there is almost 3 years between your support and routing exam you will be ccnp but it would have expired in Jul 03, you should be able to sit the composite exam which will recfify your ccnp and your CCNA.

go here and log in https://www.certmanager.net/cisco/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fCisco%2fDefault.aspx
    if you cant remeber your login use your certification number. This will tell when what was rectified.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • davidjwelchdavidjwelch Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks - The link was very useful. Looks like the composite is the way to go. The "tree" display still appears to require the CCNA box to be ticked to validate the CCNP? Still, I won't worry about that fot the moment!
    Thanks
    David
    You should query that because everytime you take a higher exam it should rectify your Certification for another 3 years, so you CCNA should still be valid!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    wildfire wrote:
    You should query that because everytime you take a higher exam it should rectify your Certification for another 3 years, so you CCNA should still be valid!
    That is only true for CCNP exams that have the 642 prefix, in other words recertifying CCNA/CCDA only yields for the the new CCNP exams.

For more information about Cisco's recertification policy:
    icon_arrow.gifhttp://ciscocert.custhelp.com/
    That is only true for CCNP exams that have the 642 prefix, in other words recertifying CCNA/CCDA only yields for the the new CCNP exams

This is true for rectifying from today, however the exams that david sat at the time would have been the most recent for rectification. For Example I passed 640-607, at the time BSCN would have rectified it, I cant remeber the exam code, then once the 642 came out they were then the recitifcation requirement. So as long as they were the most upto date exams when he sat them they should rectify CCNA
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Oh Ok, I thought it was a new part of the policy introduced at the same time as the new CCNP exams.

Either way, David can indeed easily see if he's still CCNA certified by looking at the tracking system.
  • davidjwelchdavidjwelch Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the replies - very helpful,
    David