Options

Verizon telephone interview

EJizzelEJizzel Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
I recently took the test for a Fiber Optic networking tech. and passed, the next phase of the job is a telephone interview. Does anyone have experience with Verizon and know whats asked on the telephone interview? or any telephone interview ?

Comments

• Options
    j938j938 Member Posts: 101
    EJizzel wrote:
    I recently took the test for a Fiber Optic networking tech. and passed, the next phase of the job is a telephone interview. Does anyone have experience with Verizon and know whats asked on the telephone interview? or any telephone interview ?

They will generall probably ask you some networking questions seeing as this is a networking type position.
    Probably stuff like

What is a MAC Address
    What is IP
    What is ARP
    Whats a router and whats a gateway
    What is cladding
    What is a subnet
    What is a wan
    what is dchp
    what single and multimode are

Usually how a telephone interview is to see if they should bring you in and make a appt. thats my outlook of the reason for a telephone interview
    questions might go deeper depening on your details on what you will be doing.

Just my two cents.
    Growth is limited.
  • Options
    Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    love the avatar EJizzel !!!!!!!!!!!!!

made me chuckle
    i herd u leik mudkips lol
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    My guess is you will talk to some hapless HR phony who thinks fiber is something they need for their bowels and they will torture you for 45 minutes by asking you about personal wellness goals and get your opinion on seemingly random things; the whole time writing up a psychological profile of you with their carefully-worded questions.

After that, they will tell you that they'll pass your resume on to "Jeff" or "Amber" or some other doesnt-have-a-neck loser who will "call you soon" and they will assure that they're "very interested" in "seeing if they have a fit for you".