I Just got a new job!

NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I finally did it. All the hard work and studying and school is finally paying off.

I just got accepted a position as a Network Engineer for a healthcare company. NOw all I have to do is finish school and all my goals will be fulfilled. Thank GOD! I'll get the chance to boost my skills and career and get a 16K salary increase. :D:D:D:D:D
There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Nice!!! Good luck with the new job. I'm sure the extra $16k will be good too!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the new role, hope it all goes well for you :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Netstudent wrote:
    So I finally did it. All the hard work and studying and school is finally paying off.

I just got accepted a position as a Network Engineer for a healthcare company. NOw all I have to do is finish school and all my goals will be fulfilled. Thank GOD! I'll get the chance to boost my skills and career and get a 16K salary increase. :D:D:D:D:D

I def know how you feel man just gettin ready to start that new job as well with an 18k increase it feels great :D:D
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate!

Im really pleased for you. So what qualifications have you been working towards to get that position? do you work in networking already or have you learnt your skills from home labs etc?

Im just looking for some tips because i could do with a good job like yours icon_lol.gif
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Netstudent wrote:
    NOw all I have to do is finish school and all my goals will be fulfilled.

What about that CCIE? ;)

Congratulations on the new position :D
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well I got my A.S degree in Computer networking about 1.5 years ago. I have been working pretty solid low to mid level IT jobs for 2.5 years. I will graduate with a B.S in Data Com. at the end of this summer and I have the two certs.

A big part of it was a friend that helped me get the job. He was moving on and helped me prepare to take his spot. I couldn't thank him enough. The friend I speak of, I met on this forum and he saw how dedicated and driven I am and decided to give me a chance. So thank you steve and thank you techexams!

Most of my skills are from my current job, school, and self-study for certs. Thanks guys.

Well ya CCNP is still a big goal of mine. But CCNP isn't like a longterm goal i guess. Becoming educated and getting a meaningful career was my lifelong goal. I will definately complete CCNP when I graduate.

I am way to early in the game to speak of CCIE. One day CCIE, one day.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats, it's always good to see the hard work pay off.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on job and raise! What they dont tell you is that they now tax an extra $16k for making more money icon_lol.gif

All kidding aside, thats awesome news!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    True dedication always pays off. Always nice to hear people who are go-getters. I know you are one of the people who deserve to have that goal fulfilled.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    good job man, nice to hear stuff like this, when situations look grim, it's good to see hard work and dedication to improving one's skillset will pay off in the end.....

and hey, who can complain about a 5 digit salary raise? lol

congrats!!!
    get back to studying!!!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Remember that you don't have to spend the entire pay increase on your home lab upgrades this year.... you can spread it out over a couple years :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    I know.. icon_lol.gif I'm already thinking about some 3550's. Or possible get out of an APT. so I can pay my 900 a month on a house. I'm excited.
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    Netstudent wrote:
    I know.. icon_lol.gif I'm already thinking about some 3550's.

don't mention 3550s.. i saw a few deals on ebay (around $700) and almost hit buy it now.

good thing i can't afford it :D

congrats on the new job btw. hopefully i can be working by this summer.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • phreakphreak Member Posts: 170 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Well deserved after all the help you provide here.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Gratz Netstudent!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Gratz Netstudent!!!
  • A-MartA-Mart Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gratz Netstudent!
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Pash wrote:
    Gratz Netstudent!
    jbaello wrote:
    Gratz Netstudent!
    A-Mart wrote:
    Gratz Netstudent!

umm

Gratz Netstudent!
  • bikeandskibikeandski Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gratz Netstudent! :D
  • ArveanArvean Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gratz Netstudent! ;P
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Well done hats off to ya!!
  • c0d3_w0lfc0d3_w0lf Member Posts: 117
    Lee H wrote:
    Well done hats off to ya!!

You broke the holy chain of GRATZ!!!!

BURN THE WITCH!!!! icon_evil.gif

P.S. Gratz Netstudent!

:P
    There is nothing that cannot be acheived.
    icon_lol.gif I was wondering how long that was going to last...
  • ArveanArvean Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As long as it's necessary ;)

We're just proud of you Netstudent ;)))
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.