Options

Remote desktop

amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
Hi,

We need to have around 20 user connect using remote desktop from their laptop to another pc ( only 1 at a time I know ). Now in order to get them to connect with the best experience and only to certain programs we have to get them to configure quite a few differrent parameters under the 'options' tab of remote desktop.

Is their any way that we can 'pre' make this up as something ( maybe a file ) we could email to them so they wouldnt have to set this up ( their not always the best at following instructions icon_wink.gif )

We had something similar in citrix called readyconnect but we dont use citrix here ( :D )

Cheers
Amy
Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )

Comments

• Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    Hi,

We need to have around 20 user connect using remote desktop from their laptop to another pc ( only 1 at a time I know ). Now in order to get them to connect with the best experience and only to certain programs we have to get them to configure quite a few differrent parameters under the 'options' tab of remote desktop.

Is their any way that we can 'pre' make this up as something ( maybe a file ) we could email to them so they wouldnt have to set this up ( their not always the best at following instructions icon_wink.gif )

We had something similar in citrix called readyconnect but we dont use citrix here ( :D )

Cheers
    Amy

have u tried to save the settings you made (remote desktop file)? im not an expert using rdp but as far as i know you can send the rdp file via email and use it your standard.

just my 1 cent...lets wait for the gurus here... cheers :)
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Options
    Too early, need coffee, need 70-270 mcp certificate!

Answer found, now wheres my newbie icon!
  • Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Have you tried e-mailing the default.rdp file that is created in "My Documents" to them? Set up your remote session how you like it and then save it as default. When a user double it click, it should load up Remote desktop with the settings you've saved. At least I think it will, too early in the day to think icon_lol.gif

-ken
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    If I'm understanding what you want to do, then yes.

Just setup the options (Server name, whether you want credentials saved, options, etc) you want in the .RDP file and save it using whatever name you choose. Distribute that file to whatever users you need to and you'll be all set.

Is that what you're looking for?
  • Options
    It was waaaaaaayyyyy to early in the morning. I realised within 10 seconds of posting!

sometimes you just cant see the wood for the trees!