IT Pro Second Shot Extended - MCSA Candidates PLEASE READ!!!

malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
As some of you are aware the Academic second shot was extended.....well I'm happy to be the bearer of good news that the IT Professional second shot has been extended to the 30th June 2008.

You have to sit your first exam by 31st May to be eligable for the voucher, all the FAQ's are located here;

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/faq/default.mspx

This gives you a really good chance of getting your MCSA, so if I were you I'd sign up NOW!!!

Comments

• elvantelvant Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have cancelled my schedule made before the anouncement and reschedule again with a new voucher no. :)
    What is done is done, what yet to be done will be done. While in the process of doing, enjoy it.
  • dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    I have just done the same, had to cancel to apply the voucher

Had to hope no-one else was looking at the same time as it is possible to lose your appointment during the time it takes to cancel and re-book :)
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • superrob5superrob5 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am just starting out to take tests. I am going to use this option but do I used the same voucher number for all tests? Or do I create 1 for each?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You just request a new one from the site.
  • cburnhamcburnham Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I scheduled the 70-270 with a testing site near me, then tried to apply my voucher - nope!!!

MAKE SURE YOU USE YOUR VOUCHER WHEN YOU SCHEDULE!

Fortunately, I passed the test anyway!
  • AhhhyesAhhhyes Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got the conformation in my email today. I love when they do this. i recently finished my MCSA, now going for the security specialization.

i think i have enough time with this one to get my mcse...... lets see
    Failure to prepare is preparing to fail
  • GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    I was hoping to write my second MSCA exam by January 30th, but it looks like I won't make it.

I just received my newsletter on this good news. :D
  • 1MeanAdmin1MeanAdmin Member Posts: 157
    MAKE SURE YOU USE YOUR VOUCHER WHEN YOU SCHEDULE!

I applied a newly created voucher about 4 times and the validation tool didn't complain, but I never saw a single hint that the voucher number was saved. icon_eek.gif

If I fail my 70-290 tomorrow, I'll know if the voucher was applied correctly icon_lol.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    midiman wrote:
    I applied a newly created voucher about 4 times and the validation tool didn't complain, but I never saw a single hint that the voucher number was saved. icon_eek.gif

That's a little disconcerting isn't it? I thought so. I actually went back and tried an invalid number just to see if it would give me an error, which it did. A little confirmation sure wouldn't hurt.

Good luck on your exam.