Start button disabled

aidysprouleaidysproule Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can anyone tell me how to get my windows start button enabled? when I click on it nothing happens but when I press the windows key on my keyboard the start menu appears!

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Is it always like this or is it just acting up?
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    You could try sfc /scannow to check files and reinstall any corrupt / damaged

Was anything done prior to this happening??

(After thought it could be down to spyware/malware, have you checked for this recently??)
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Probably not related but worth checking if this is in an office. We'd sometimes take a screenshot of someone's desktop and then move their icons off to a temp folder and drag the real start bar off the edge of the screen, then set the previous screenshot as their wallpaper....In short your Start Bar may be floating in the matrix while you try to click on a visual clone...
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ahriakin wrote:
    Probably not related but worth checking if this is in an office. We'd sometimes take a screenshot of someone's desktop and then move their icons off to a temp folder and drag the real start bar off the edge of the screen, then set the previous screenshot as their wallpaper....In short your Start Bar may be floating in the matrix while you try to click on a visual clone...

I do this to at least one person every April Fool's Day. You can't ever let them in on it though. Just wait for them to leave and then say a simple reboot took care of it. icon_lol.gif