My situation - need some input here

Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
ok icon_wink.gif

well if you remember or not i got this job back in july

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23911

I recently was let go on Jan. 10th It was a mutual decision between me and my employer, i was really told that i would be doing all cisco and all data. But when i got there they had me doing all voice because there was no data work. So i was doing like all nortel and some cme and stuff. So it just wasn't a good fit for me.

And i also relocated 250 miles away for this job icon_confused.gif

So, im currently trying to get unemployment and they said it could take 5-6 weeks for me to get my first payment. I've been on 2 interviews so far, nothing looks hopeful and those 2 jobs are the ONLY 2 openings in this area. I've looked all over the place and there is nothing.

I moved from pittsburgh where there are jobs EVERYWHERE, but i like my apartment and want to stay in this area. My lease is up in july. A part of my lease says that if i terminate it early, i still have to pay 1/2 months rent until it's up, or the landlord find someone to rent it out.

So basically here are my options:

1. Stay in this area, try to collect unemployment and look for jobs, if nothing is found by july i just move back to pittsburgh. But i might not even see any unemployment for the next 6 weeks, so my parents will prolly have to help me out a little bit.

2. Move back to pittsburgh now, have to pay half of the rent for the next 5 months but prolly get a job relatively quickly. This would require moving back in with my parents .

i mean i would opt for the 1st option, but i hate the idea of just sitting around waiting for jobs to open up. I want to work!

help? icon_eek.gif
i herd u leik mudkips lol

Comments

• BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you allowed to sub-lease in your apartment? That might be an option.

Otherwise, get a job...any job. Anything is better than sitting around relying on your parents to provide for you.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you make any contacts with vendors or other companies while working the position? I would try to call anyone to see if they know of any opportunities available. Also you may want to try and contact some staffing firms for some possible contract positions.
  • Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    Are you allowed to sub-lease in your apartment? That might be an option.

Otherwise, get a job...any job. Anything is better than sitting around relying on your parents to provide for you.

well i was thinking about that, but i would make more money on unemployment than i would working full-time at like best-buy or something. Um, i don't think i can sub-lease my apartment, i wouldn't want to do that anyways because it's not big enough

yea, i do have some inside info from working with customers from my last position so i'll make some calls or emails even though they might not be hiring good idea!
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can have someone else live there once you move out....you don't have to live there with them:
    http://apartments.about.com/od/subletssubleases/ht/sublet_your_apt.htm
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Aquabat wrote:
    ok icon_wink.gif

well if you remember or not i got this job back in july

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23911

I recently was let go on Jan. 10th It was a mutual decision between me and my employer, i was really told that i would be doing all cisco and all data. But when i got there they had me doing all voice because there was no data work. So i was doing like all nortel and some cme and stuff. So it just wasn't a good fit for me.

And i also relocated 250 miles away for this job icon_confused.gif

So, im currently trying to get unemployment and they said it could take 5-6 weeks for me to get my first payment. I've been on 2 interviews so far, nothing looks hopeful and those 2 jobs are the ONLY 2 openings in this area. I've looked all over the place and there is nothing.

I moved from pittsburgh where there are jobs EVERYWHERE, but i like my apartment and want to stay in this area. My lease is up in july. A part of my lease says that if i terminate it early, i still have to pay 1/2 months rent until it's up, or the landlord find someone to rent it out.

So basically here are my options:

1. Stay in this area, try to collect unemployment and look for jobs, if nothing is found by july i just move back to pittsburgh. But i might not even see any unemployment for the next 6 weeks, so my parents will prolly have to help me out a little bit.

2. Move back to pittsburgh now, have to pay half of the rent for the next 5 months but prolly get a job relatively quickly. This would require moving back in with my parents .

i mean i would opt for the 1st option, but i hate the idea of just sitting around waiting for jobs to open up. I want to work!

help? icon_eek.gif

So why do you want to stay in the state college area so bad bry?
  • Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    You can have someone else live there once you move out....you don't have to live there with them:
    http://apartments.about.com/od/subletssubleases/ht/sublet_your_apt.htm

yea i could see that but once i move out they would try to rent it out anyways so, i think i would just leave it to them.

i like the area alot shed, so i guess i might just try to stick it out until july and look for oppurtunities.